Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Laughing Stock

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
abraxas Posted - 04/07/2012 : 01:46:34
Was this originally supposed to part of an album or were the guys just bsing around.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
John9 Posted - 06/07/2012 : 17:04:02
A glorious and almost effortless little gem. For some years, this was the most sought after of all Love's songs...I can remember a mate playing to me in 1971 the flipside of his much treasured vinyl Your Mind And We single. But it wasn't until 1974's Love Masters LP that the track was rescued from obscurity and I was able to listen to it at leisure.
lemonade kid Posted - 06/07/2012 : 05:52:42
quote:
Originally posted by abraxas

I always thought everything was cool up till De Capo. I thought Arthur hated Bryan when he was banging that chick Stephanie

Well there was that....

HIGH ALL THE TIME...
-Mad River
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0PCzH-K1hg
abraxas Posted - 06/07/2012 : 00:19:21
I always thought everything was cool up till De Capo. I thought Arthur hated Bryan when he was banging that chick Stephanie
lemonade kid Posted - 05/07/2012 : 17:35:09
quote:

In late January 1968-Feb 1968 sessions for Laughing Stock/Your Mind And We Belong Together, I'm confused about something. I thought by this point, everyone hated each other and they barely managed to finish Forever Changes.

I don't know about hate...Bryan was unhappy about not enough songs on albums ad was looking to go...but it was likely more a drug thing. It wasn't hate that messed up FC sessions, it was lack of practice before the sessions mostly...and that was fixed to perfection!

It seems to me they were as happy as any group of genius'..always some tensions in any such union of talent. But the session tapes show a lot of joking and fun too...

When thye got together to record "Laughing Stock" & "Your Mind" after FC there was a spark of hope that they would be able to continue...but those lyrics said it all and Michael siad that alone revealed their future.

HIGH ALL THE TIME...
-Mad River
abraxas Posted - 04/07/2012 : 22:37:56
In late January 1968-Feb 1968 sessions for Laughing Stock/Your Mind And We Belong Together, I'm confused about something. I thought by this point, everyone hated each other and they barely managed to finish Forever Changes.
lemonade kid Posted - 04/07/2012 : 21:23:48
The first track we hear is a work-through and fun to hear. The final is brilliant and a hint of might have beens...

HIGH ALL THE TIME...
-Mad River
abraxas Posted - 04/07/2012 : 07:22:39
Laughing Stock seems like its a demo. The guys seem sort of bsing a bit with the joking when you hear it. I didn't know they still "joked" around even in '68. I thought everyone kind of hated each other by that time, or they could've been high.
lemonade kid Posted - 04/07/2012 : 06:09:10
quote:

Was this originally supposed to part of an album or were the guys just bsing around.

It was recorded after FC as part of the next album to be that never was...I believe that is what I've read

HIGH ALL THE TIME...
-Mad River

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page