Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Forever Changes blog discussion

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stewart Posted - 08/10/2011 : 01:15:11
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/post/146621-love/
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rocker Posted - 12/10/2011 : 14:21:07
Yeah, I've often run into folks that are so prejudiced against so called hippies or flower children that anything that looks, smells or tastes of too far out flower pop/rock/blues/psych....or isn't so mainstream like Hendrix for them to go long with, they just can't get past it.

True and here's the thing. The ironic part of it is that Arthur/love were in a way the "Weathermen" of the times. They had an idea which way the winds were blowing. You could see that they thought "flower power" was a nice way to behave but it could have its downside as well. Love took no s*** and didn't get "put on".
lemonade kid Posted - 10/10/2011 : 18:21:46
Yeah, I've often run into folks that are so prejudiced against so called hippies or flower children that anything that looks, smells or tastes of too far out flower pop/rock/blues/psych....or isn't so mainstream like Hendrix for them to go long with, they just can't get past it.

I'm sure there are many still who just can't stand the idea of it all, so there is no room for the music in their little heads either.

His was more an rant against the times, than it was against the music.

-Tom Waits
rocker Posted - 10/10/2011 : 14:33:59
thanks for that..

Well M doesn't like FC, think its a cliche. But at the last his opinions aren't powerful or insightful enough to make one agree to his view about the record. There's absolutely no meat on the bone in his analysis if you ask me. I don't know how old M is but he apparently doesn't know too much about the situation at the time. He needs to in order to understand the meaning of the record. If M wants to be a critic he's got to do some homework on eras and the arts and the culture and society and history and war and.......so how far do I need to go?...
lemonade kid Posted - 08/10/2011 : 18:05:45
quote:
Originally posted by stewart

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/post/146621-love/

Good one, Stew. The good cop bad cop arguments are pretty extreme and only reaffirm my love of Forever Changes! For me, the con arguments are just so silly and unreal that they only make us look at FC with more respect and affection...was that M's intention?

-Tom Waits

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page