Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 How Love fills and colors your life....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 27/06/2011 : 21:36:09
Almost every day there is an appropriate Love song to fit the mood.

A silver lining to my bummer summer cold is listening
with tongue in cheek to....

"Bummer In The Summer"

What LoVE songs have you found color your world...?

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rocker Posted - 05/07/2011 : 16:55:45
You know I don't know if Love is considered a "great" band by critics etc now. But they pose a problem in the sense that arguably their one record is "great" but many will not know about it because the band is still kind of undiscovered. In the music universe one has to get used to the idea that the band shines brightly mainly for that work of genius which is FC. I think it's one of the few records ever made that single-handedly captures a world and people in time. The record I think wasn't drawn up as such but was made through musical serendipity (now there's a word for ya!). There's something about that record that is hard to put into words. It just brings you in and swirls you around with the lyrics and music. And all it is is kind of a point in time on the "daily planet."
captain america and billy Posted - 05/07/2011 : 15:44:06
Love ceratinly possessed one key component necessary for any band who wishes to achieve immortal status.That is,they had the marvelous capacity to evoke many varying moods within the context of a single lp record.This quality is shared by other eternal greats such as "Sgt. Pepper","Dark Side of the Moon",and,I believe,The Moody Blues' "Days of Future Passed".To do this with wistfully enigmatic verve is truly one hallmark of the great ones.
Joe Morris Posted - 02/07/2011 : 03:24:20
I tend to play "Revelation" when I wish to clear the room of unwanted guests!
lemonade kid Posted - 01/07/2011 : 19:37:09
"The Castle" today especially.....but all of Da Capo for a breezy summer day while working on some design projects.

--Da Capo is full of summer day reflection songs...."my love....She Comes In Colors"

captain america and billy Posted - 30/06/2011 : 15:41:29
I always adore the eloquent manner in which "The Good Humor Man" adorns the mood of any warm breezy afternoon.This one really paints a picture for me.
rocker Posted - 30/06/2011 : 13:56:34
heh heh but look what Asbury Park gave the "tramps!".....
Joe Morris Posted - 29/06/2011 : 17:23:14
I did hear it at the supermarket once (might've even been muzak!)

And this is in Ridgewood in Bergen County NJ - a suburban wasteland!
lemonade kid Posted - 29/06/2011 : 16:38:48
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

I always thought Skies was a unique song for the band. Kind of not even in the "rock" vein. It's like it could be sung on Broadway..

....or the Met!

rocker Posted - 29/06/2011 : 13:54:47
I always thought Skies was a unique song for the band. Kind of not even in the "rock" vein. It's like it could be sung on Broadway..
underture Posted - 28/06/2011 : 17:00:36
Orange Skies.

Tjay's playing is never better used to effect than on this song as the flute soars the whole spectrum: happy, sad, insistent all within the same song. Bryan's writing and the group's adaptation of it make it a true group song. I play this to chase away any of the problems of the day...

You Set The Scene
rocker Posted - 28/06/2011 : 16:16:31
Willow willow for you..and I'm With You for me!.....heh heh sometimes I listen too much to FC....When Arthur's in a good mod he's in a good mood..I like to be in a good mood.......
John9 Posted - 28/06/2011 : 15:23:10

I thought we had just about exhausted all topics Love related, but this is a great one, LK. For me Willow, Willow comes immediately to mind. An exceptionally strong melody and vocal performance....together with all those luscious guitars - evoking (at least for me), lazy and dreamy warm summer days. That one must have been recorded after Elektra had been allowed to choose their ten tracks for Four Sail.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page