Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Arthur Lee compared to Judee Sill in The Washingto

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sometimesmylifeissoeerie Posted - 12/06/2011 : 23:23:14
Interesting Washington Post article comparing the two in the last paragraph by Sean O'Hagan of the High LLamas:
But the music remained, her legend continued to grow, and now, with the reissue of her life's work, Sill has triumphed beyond the grave, as she always believed she would. O'Hagan compares her to the late Arthur Lee, who founded the Los Angeles group Love and made the fabled, ethereal psychedelic album "Forever Changes" before descending into a terminal cycle of drugs and violence. For O'Hagan, Lee and Sill shared the same precious, contradictory qualities -- they were, he says, "two West Coast desperadoes who ended up invoking the sound of angels."

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lemonade kid Posted - 27/06/2011 : 21:41:02
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

and in the end we have peace...what ever your "religion".

Like Lennon , if you ever read "the news today oh boy", you can see the bad news. It's bad out there all over the world. Peace is sure tough for some reason.

Ahhh but as Oscar Wilde said....& as my wife is fond of quoting...

"we all are in in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."....as Mr Lennon was for sure, when he wrote his best songs....Imagine that!

Gotta keep our eyes always looking up!

rocker Posted - 27/06/2011 : 14:05:07
and in the end we have peace...what ever your "religion".

Like Lennon , if you ever read "the news today oh boy", you can see the bad news. It's bad out there all over the world. Peace is sure tough for some reason.
lemonade kid Posted - 24/06/2011 : 19:56:30
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

..."contradictory qualities"....I guess that's why we can't help continually listening......maybe FC could make a good piece of music to bring on religious "retreats"...

Agreed....it is almost like a metaphor for "trial by fire"...and in the end we have peace...what ever your "religion".

rocker Posted - 22/06/2011 : 21:54:38
..."contradictory qualities"....I guess that's why we can't help continually listening......maybe FC could make a good piece of music to bring on religious "retreats"...
lemonade kid Posted - 12/06/2011 : 23:55:12
quote:
Originally posted by sometimesmylifeissoeerie

Interesting Washington Post article comparing the two in the last paragraph by Sean O'Hagan of the High LLamas:
But the music remained, her legend continued to grow, and now, with the reissue of her life's work, Sill has triumphed beyond the grave, as she always believed she would. O'Hagan compares her to the late Arthur Lee, who founded the Los Angeles group Love and made the fabled, ethereal psychedelic album "Forever Changes" before descending into a terminal cycle of drugs and violence. For O'Hagan, Lee and Sill shared the same precious, contradictory qualities -- they were, he says, "two West Coast desperadoes who ended up invoking the sound of angels."

Something that only can be described as genius about these two artists....thanks for the post!

The full writeup about Judee...with the bit about Arthur...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/29/AR2006122901782.html

while I sing this song.
But if one day you should see me from your cloud
lend a hand and lift me
Away from the crowd.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page