Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Some questions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
uberflash Posted - 05/02/2005 : 23:00:41
Hello! I guess I’m a recently new fan of Love. I’m a 21 year old swede and have some questions regarding the band/Arthur Lee:

1. Been scrolling down this guestbook and if I have understood it right; There was plans of a new album but right now it’s quite dead at the moment? How come?
2. Should I count Studio/Live as a proper or real “studio”-album like Da Capo, Forever Changes etc.?
3. Is all Love-albums avaliable on CD?
4. How rare is it to find Love LP’s? I found Forever Changes recently (the first Love-LP I’ve ever seen) and bought for 30,75 USD or 16,40GBP ... I would say it was in a very fine condition. Was it a good price or?
5. I have all albums from Love to Four Sail and Studio/Live. How’s the rest? I’m not the jam-person that dig Four Sail (but still it’s a great album) but more into the beautiful melodies. So should I buy the rest of the albums? :-)
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jimmyboy Posted - 11/02/2005 : 20:10:39
I PRETTY MUCH AGREE WITH MR.GORDO AND WOULD ADVISE HIM TO NOT EXPECT MUCH WHEN HE GETS HIS TURNTABLE GOING AGAIN. THE ONLY HALF DECENT THING ON IT IS "WHICH WITCH IS WHICH".I NEVER PLAY IT BUT FEEL I SHOULD KEEP IT IN MY COLLECTION.
gordo Posted - 11/02/2005 : 14:27:18
In brief here's my take on some of the post four sail albums

Out There - The Studio/Live album features some of the highlights of this album. Despite a dodgy drum solo and a boring jam on Doggone and Love Is More Than Words it's one of my most played Love CD's and is very much reccomended.

False Start - at first I wasn't keen on it , but it has grown on me. Slick Dick reminds me of early Who and much of the album shows a more black sound to Arthur's rock sound

Vindicator - features one of Arthur's live favourites 'Everybodys Gotta Live' and is more of a hard rock album than anything else Arthur has done. It's true it's not the best album, but despite that it contains a handful of very catchy tunes. According to an old ZigZag articlem, originally the band was to feature Jimi Hendrix and Steve Winwood, but Jimi's death put paid to those plans. It makes you wonder how it would have turned out.

Reel To Real - I bought it on vinyl, but my stylus is bust so I haven't heard it yet

Black Beauty - continues the harder sound and is growing on me. Beep Beep sounds like Arthur trying to immitate Ray Davies' attempts at west indian accent on Lola

Five String Serenade or Love With Arthur Lee - the first 5 or 6 tunes are quite impressive but it seems to fall away in the 2nd half as if Arthur and his collaborators had run out of ideas and turns into some dodgy rock band

Out There and False Start for me are the best of the bunch
uberflash Posted - 08/02/2005 : 10:43:13
Thanks for answering! Now the sensitive question, could you suspect that the hard-to-find albums is that for a reason??
Allmusic.com don't like any studioalbum after Four Sail...which might not be important but anyhow...
...How did Love's music turned into the 70's`?
gordo Posted - 07/02/2005 : 15:12:07
Studio/Live is more of a re-issue

Real To Reel isn't available on CD

Out Here is hard to get but most of the album appears on the Out There CD in the UK

False Start is also available on CD in the UK

try Amazon.com or Ebay

Fingaz Posted - 07/02/2005 : 10:20:19
Hey Uberflash, checkout the Topic '4 Down', Love play 2 tracks from the new ep.
Aake Posted - 06/02/2005 : 14:13:05
Wellcome to the board Uberflash,nice to see another swede in here.
Many questions i'll try to help you on some.

Don't know how serious it was with a new album with new songs,there is little known if Arthur has enough new songs for a new album.
Last year there was an 5 tr EP relased on castle blue,with three new and two old songs.Maybe there will be at least one or two new songs on the 2005 tour.

All love albums is on CD I think, where Out Here and False Start could be hard to find.The Arthur Lee 1981 solo album is not on CD while Vindicator is but could be wery hard to find.

Aake

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page