Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Daydream Believer & Bryan

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 11/01/2011 : 02:08:26
I revisited this clip of Bryan talking about his Monkees audition that most have seen here. But it is worth posting again I think. I love how he talks about his Christian music as "spooky etherial worship music" & that any music that is spiritual whether it is coming from a Buddist or a Satanist is worth hearing. And that we should hear the music and not be turned off by the message whether we believe or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCY_hOKp6ZQ&feature=related

So I gave Intra Muros another shot. I was one who really had not had patience for it, as I posted some time back. One Love member said that if Bryan had lived his mature music would have changed the face of Christian music forever...for the better.

So I put it on during work and zoned into the music, and ....I loved it.
Go figure...

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jimmyboy Posted - 30/01/2011 : 01:00:56
quote:
Originally posted by waxburn

quote:
Originally posted by jimmyboy

Its nice to be missed LeeRob..since we lost Arthur I find it hard to visit this fine site let alone post..if you recall I attended his final concerts in San Francisco and I wasn't all that surprsed when we got the bad news. Because of the lack of new Love material people are so bored they start praising inferior stuff like Vindicator and Black Beauty,all which sound harsh,inferior and desperate to my ears.I'll be in touch.Thanks again!!

I've liked Black Beauty for many years, Vindicator not as much, but like it too. It is alright to like them?
Normally you would think that anything Love related being released would be received in a postive light, this is the strangest.

lemonade kid Posted - 28/01/2011 : 16:56:47
I agree waxburn. Any artist that is around for decades as Arthur was, will probably issue his opus and his not so much......

It may not always be a positive addition to the artist's canon, at least it would seem so at first, but the fact that he kept trying to achieve that creative zenith always brought out some real gems. I think Arthur knew that his work had suffered in some ways, but he never stopped. There are gems throughout his career....so if certain fans have problems with some songs but not others, make your own "best-of after the golden FC"......Arthur's golden years may not have been all gold but there were many diamonds in the rough.

If we could put together his best or favorite tracks after FC, what would our choices be?
How about a "Torben's Forum/Post FC Love Golden Greats"......lets put it together.
This will likely be a triple gatefold album....

I'd start with the song that was chosen to end Love Story....

1) Gather Round
2) I Got To Find It (Black Beauty)
3)......

waxburn Posted - 28/01/2011 : 14:44:52
quote:
Originally posted by jimmyboy

Its nice to be missed LeeRob..since we lost Arthur I find it hard to visit this fine site let alone post..if you recall I attended his final concerts in San Francisco and I wasn't all that surprsed when we got the bad news. Because of the lack of new Love material people are so bored they start praising inferior stuff like Vindicator and Black Beauty,all which sound harsh,inferior and desperate to my ears.I'll be in touch.Thanks again!!

I've liked Black Beauty for many years, Vindicator not as much, but like it too. It is alright to like them?
Normally you would think that anything Love related being released would be received in a postive light, this is the strangest.
jimmyboy Posted - 28/01/2011 : 04:39:13
LeeRob Posted - 24/01/2011 : 18:42:37
Good Good jimmyboy; where have you been?

It's all the same day.
jimmyboy Posted - 23/01/2011 : 23:24:19
Poor guy has a strange look in his eyes.
lemonade kid Posted - 19/01/2011 : 17:40:50
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

You know I just read a story about "rock camp" for all the wannabee rock stars. If you can, you can ante up about 10g's and you can get hooked up say with Roger Daltrey of the Who if that's your musical muse and you want to play like them! He'll get you playing! hmmm....oh the possibilities for all us future rock stars if Arthur & co were around and he signed up to "teach"....

I saw a bit on it and it featured a bunch of dude executives from the USA that were taught the "trade"...in studio recording, then record some, learned stage presence etc.....and Jack Bruce came round to give tips and play with them for a bit...then they get to play a set at The Cavern.

They loved it and were quite good actually and the Cavern crowd loved 'em too.

rocker Posted - 19/01/2011 : 17:27:26
You know I just read a story about "rock camp" for all the wannabee rock stars. If you can, you can ante up about 10g's and you can get hooked up say with Roger Daltrey of the Who if that's your musical muse and you want to play like them! He'll get you playing! hmmm....oh the possibilities for all us future rock stars if Arthur & co were around and he signed up to "teach"....
Joe Morris Posted - 15/01/2011 : 00:12:53
so you wanna be a rock and roll star?

for the byrds!
rocker Posted - 13/01/2011 : 18:07:45
I tell you I think you have to train if you want to be a rock star!
Joe Morris Posted - 12/01/2011 : 17:41:33
I think Bryan was in New York City at the time and had a really bad drinking problem at the time, when he turned to Christ

I think his attitude was that the little amount of fame that he had received with Love was quite enough for him.

You can certainly see why some people shy away from it (fame)

Certainly Arthur had a problem with fame and would sabotage himself at certain moments.

In a way jail seemed to help his "fame" though it must've been pure hell fighting to get the appeal!
rocker Posted - 11/01/2011 : 18:41:18
I noticed in the interview he mentioned fame a few imes. He noted he feared it. I go to the great lines from Lightfoot...

"When you're out on the road and feelin' quite lost
Consider the burden of fame
And he who is wise will not criticize
When other men fail at the game"
lemonade kid Posted - 11/01/2011 : 18:03:33
Right, rocker. When he says he had hit Rock bottom and the "spirit" came to him in a motel room one night.....well whatever it was it likely saved his life. What I see it as-- finally finding the strength to be a "man" and be your own best friend.

It is quite an interesting interview and gives us more of a feeling of where he was coming from. He was not one of those in-your-face born-agains. He just had something to say and as usual, he said it in beautiful song. I think for some of us, it was like Dylan going electric. What happened Bryan (or Bobby)? Why have ye forsaken us?

Well, actually they had found themselves and who are we to question why?

Bryan was one of the great ones and without him, Arthur would not have found the music we LoVE.

rocker Posted - 11/01/2011 : 14:34:17
Thanks for that lk. I think I got to know him a bit better. Seems to me he's a modern St Paul re-aligning and channeling his life into a much larger spiritual area. From a guy who came from extremes I'd hope he came to some realization of peace in the development of his new music.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page