Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Arthur's Autobiography

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jazmaan Posted - 20/01/2005 : 17:18:45
The other day I had a chance to actually browse through the autobiography we've been hearing about for so long. I was impressed! It's a hefty tome, it's well written in a clear, personal style and a very interesting read with lots of stories that I'd never heard before. I didn't have a chance to actually read the whole thing so I just opened it up randomly to several different chapters and every page I read was engaging. He really needs to find a good publisher.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Neo Posted - 28/02/2005 : 00:50:17
Do you guys and gals remember the song "Rock and Roll Gypsies" by Jesse?
LarryNYC Posted - 01/02/2005 : 21:56:31
Once again thanks for the info jazmaan. Shame about Jesse he was a great talent.
jazmaan Posted - 01/02/2005 : 16:45:24
Jesse Davis died of an O.D. about 10 years ago.
LarryNYC Posted - 31/01/2005 : 22:04:58
Thanks for the info jazmaan. Just love Taj's Giant Step/De Ole Folks At Home album though, with Mr Jesse Ed Davis, wonder what he's doing these days ? I think Arthur could do a great job of taking a giant step outside his mind lol.
jazmaan Posted - 31/01/2005 : 21:29:34
"Giant Step" isn't really "Taj's". Carole King wrote it for the Monkees and Taj covered it.
LarryNYC Posted - 31/01/2005 : 04:55:05
Great little story jazmaan, I'd like to hear what Arthur might do with Taj's Giant Step !
jazmaan Posted - 30/01/2005 : 22:28:05
Earlier this week I was shooting the breeze with Taj Mahal and some other friends when I mentioned Arthur. "Arthur Lee?" asked Taj "How's he doing?" then Taj turned to his girlfriend and started singing "I just got out my little red book the minute that you said goodbye" in his gruff "Popeye" voice. It was pretty funny!
ocfan Posted - 24/01/2005 : 00:09:28
Hi Jazzman:
Truly hope someone publishes this book. It would be such an interesting read.
As for new fans, my 14 year old nephew, is now a huge fan and tells his friends about LOVE. So there is an audience out there if we can just get them to listen. As I was laying in the tanning bed one day, blasting Forever Changes, the young guy working the desk asked who I had been listening to because they were great.
I just try to take along a young person when they allow them at the venue. Seems to be working!!!
Chuck Posted - 23/01/2005 : 07:56:35
Good press never hurts. ;) I always try to do my best to promote significant art. And nothing has struck me quite as solidly as Arthur's work. I don't work in the entertainment/criticism side of the realm, but, like I said, I do my best.

Love is the answer!
jazzy mary Posted - 22/01/2005 : 00:07:25
Oftena writer will work with the person and will get credit. For example George Wein's autobio was written w/ Nate Chinen (he has cover credit) and basically Nate wrote the entire book, based on conversations (lengthy) and studying everything from George's life. It's a pretty good book.
Old_Man Posted - 21/01/2005 : 19:12:35
Ghost writers don't get credits on the cover of books or elswhere as far as i know. But they do get very well paid I think, for doing others peoples work!! I know someone who does it. Sounds like its part biographical if Arthur, AND the other person are named.

Then again I could be talking a load of tosh!
jazmaan Posted - 21/01/2005 : 18:48:34
By the way, the book was ghostwritten with a credit on the cover reading "By Arthur Lee & _________" but I can't remember who the ghostwriter was. Does anybody here know? Whoever it was knew what he was doing. As I said the book is very professional and readable.
jazmaan Posted - 21/01/2005 : 18:44:57
Yes I've also heard Arthur mention his book repeatedly. Sometimes with Arthur you don't know what to believe. So I was quite pleasantly surprised to see how professional the book was. His fans will love it but the question is how to get it to a larger audience. Of course I suppose that same question applies to his music.

jimmyboy Posted - 21/01/2005 : 05:48:50
MAYBE HELTER SKELTER BOOKS WOULD BE INTERESTED.THEY DID MICHAEL STUARTS BOOK.I'VE HEARD ARTHUR MENTION HIS "BOOK" AT ABOUT EVERY SHOW I'VE SEEN AND I TOO ALONG WITH THOUSANDS OF OTHER FOLKS WOULD BUY IT!
bigrubberglove Posted - 21/01/2005 : 03:29:11
FANTASTIC!!!!

JAZMAAN, PLEASE DO WHAT YOU CAN TO HELP ARTHUR HAVE THIS BOOK SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY!

OH MAN, THIS WOULD BE ONE BOOK I WOULD CHERISH READING!!!!!

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page