Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Whatever Became of... Tijay Cantarelli?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sometimesmylifeissoeerie Posted - 04/08/2010 : 07:15:53
The myth about TC is that he just started walking in the desert one day, and never stopped!
Anybody know? It wasn't in the book.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Joe Morris Posted - 24/08/2010 : 04:25:34
any tapes ever surface?

one assumes this is pre-Love (and possibly even pre the American Four!)

One feels badly for anyone new to Love and happening upon this board, with all this insidious talk of LAGs and Fleck!

Good old Fleck!
gatemouthmoore Posted - 14/08/2010 : 03:21:22
Tjay once had a group that featured Johnny Echols, John Fleck, Pat and Lolly Vega of future Red Bone fame, and a fire and brimstone preacher named Chuck Daniels. They played at a club called the Sea Witch, on Sunset Blvd. in the early sixties. By the way his given name was John Barbosa. He was quite the character, as they all were.

GMM.
kdion11 Posted - 13/08/2010 : 23:52:39
quote:
Originally posted by BobbyFischer

I remember reading in The Castle an interview with Forssi where he tells about Cantrelli having this big monkey in a cage that would constantly yell at people, "nastiest damn thing i ever saw"! Also from the Castle, cant remember the source,either Snoopy or Kenny saying he was hard to find often when they had a gig,so they had to track him down,often found in a sleazy bar playing flute to some poetry reading.Strange man indeed,even in the Love saga! He played the woodchimes on The Seeds Future album,thats all I know of his other music involment except Geronimo black.

KD: And of course he had one of the all time great hipster names.
TJay Cantrelli !
BobbyFischer Posted - 13/08/2010 : 21:57:25
I remember reading in The Castle an interview with Forssi where he tells about Cantrelli having this big monkey in a cage that would constantly yell at people, "nastiest damn thing i ever saw"! Also from the Castle, cant remember the source,either Snoopy or Kenny saying he was hard to find often when they had a gig,so they had to track him down,often found in a sleazy bar playing flute to some poetry reading.Strange man indeed,even in the Love saga! He played the woodchimes on The Seeds Future album,thats all I know of his other music involment except Geronimo black.
Joe Morris Posted - 06/08/2010 : 01:34:06
Tell me about it
kdion11 Posted - 05/08/2010 : 20:40:59
quote:
Originally posted by gatemouthmoore

Sadly Tjay died many years ago of Aids. He was a long time intravenous drug user, and there was no treatment available when he acquired it.

KD: A member of LOVE using hard drugs ?
Come on man !
Joe Morris Posted - 05/08/2010 : 04:27:25
You know what would be cool - if Tjay was walking into the desert, but was seeing mirages like in that Abbott and Costello film
dyecraig Posted - 04/08/2010 : 16:39:55
The "Geronimo Black" album has some nice playing by Tjay - "Siesta" in particular.
Joe Morris Posted - 04/08/2010 : 16:03:10
I still think it was the desert that killed him

any truth to Echols as Arthur Lee also being in the Arizona desert
gatemouthmoore Posted - 04/08/2010 : 11:52:05
Sadly Tjay died many years ago of Aids. He was a long time intravenous drug user, and there was no treatment available when he acquired it.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page