Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Love Logo Influences : The Veldt

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ThomasGalasso Posted - 21/03/2010 : 22:21:07

I assume some of you on this board are familiar with certain shoegaze bands of the 90's such as Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine, Ride, etc. Well have you ever heard of an American shoegaze band comprised of African-Americans called The Veldt?

This group had a major deal with Capitol and I believe they may have even toured with The Jesus and Mary Chain at one point. I do know they are tied in with Robin Guthrie and The Cocteau Twins, as well as being viewed as the American A.R. Kane. Well now the band morphed into a group called Apollo Heights and are based out of Brooklyn where they have lead the charge for groups like TV On the Radio.

But the other day I was on YouTube and noticed their font was basically the exact same as Love's. I know the lead singer Daniel Chavis, and his twin brother Danny Chavis love Love, but I had no idea. I found it a cool little tidbit.

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Joe Morris Posted - 26/03/2010 : 23:43:01
Love played some good shows in Brooklyn (the Warsaw)

Shame there were so many opening bands of course !
rocker Posted - 25/03/2010 : 17:49:14
Right now as far as America goes, Brooklyn is the hotspot for cutting edge groups.

So that's why I see bands sometimes setting up right on in the street...saw a band doing their gig in Williamsburg like that....
ThomasGalasso Posted - 22/03/2010 : 02:42:21

Yeah,

The Chavis brothers are somewhat underground legends in their own right. They definitely helped shape the current sound of New York rock. Right now as far as America goes, Brooklyn is the hotspot for cutting edge groups.

I know the Chavises always talk about Arthur Lee as their guy, so its nice to see the influence there.
LeeRob Posted - 21/03/2010 : 23:44:20
Yep, that's LOVE's script okay. Interesting. The band has a nice "spacey," sound, kinda floats. Good turn on TG.

All misspellings are purposeful...
ThomasGalasso Posted - 21/03/2010 : 22:25:16

here are a pair of YouTube links for those interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVxc0UnRlxk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc6VY365B8M

Here they are now as Apollo Heights and their semi hit from 2007 titled Shallow by Shallow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyvbDuOBboo

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page