Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Robert Plant namechecks Arthur at Q Awards

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John9 Posted - 27/10/2009 : 22:30:53
Yesterday, Robert Plant paid tribute to Arthur Lee at the Q Awards ceremony in London. As I'm sure many people know, the Led Zeppelin frontman (and newly appointed vice-president of Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club) was the recipient of a Lifetime Achievement Award for 'Outstanding Contribution to Music'. The great length of his acceptance speech was unusual enough for it to make BBC Radio Four news yesterday at 6PM. I've not seen a full list of the people he thanked, but it also included Sandy Denny, John Peel, Peter Gabriel, Billy Fury, Leadbelly and the explorer, Richard Burton.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
myoungish Posted - 30/10/2009 : 07:06:21
Does anyone know if there's a transcript of his acceptance speech?

Michael Young
myoungish Posted - 30/10/2009 : 07:04:08

Percy has been praising Love and Arthur forever. I remember reading that he gave Arthur the red carpet treatment at a Zeppelin show at the LA Forum in 1975. I've actually had a few friends who discovered Love through Plant's praising of them in the press. Hats off.

Michael Young
caryne Posted - 28/10/2009 : 16:29:01
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

that's it thx caryne..Watford!..As for Burton, I have two bios of him. Right, interesting and fascinating character, very adventurous. he certianly traveled alot, to Africa and to the Middle East countries. He could've fit in pretty good during the "sixties" I think.

Burton did a lot of things a lot!! Yes, I imagine he would have enjoyed the 60's
rocker Posted - 28/10/2009 : 16:24:55
that's it thx caryne..Watford!..As for Burton, I have two bios of him. Right, interesting and fascinating character, very adventurous. he certianly traveled alot, to Africa and to the Middle East countries. He could've fit in pretty good during the "sixties" I think.
caryne Posted - 28/10/2009 : 13:45:25
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

hmmm..Plant sounds like a guy of many interests. I'll probably check out his club! Celebs look like they love their clubs...(Hawley with Sheffield and Elton John with a club that escapes me now). But I wonder what was Plant's link with Richard Burton? He must've loved "Mountains of the Moon" for sure which I thought was a great film about his exploration to the Nile with Speke.

Elton John was once Chairman of Watford.
As for Richard Burton, well, he sure was an interesting man. The actor Rupert Everett made a fascinating programme about him a while back.

http://www.channel4.com/history/microsites/V/victorian-passions/victorian-sex-traveller.html
rocker Posted - 28/10/2009 : 13:35:59
hmmm..Plant sounds like a guy of many interests. I'll probably check out his club! Celebs look like they love their clubs...(Hawley with Sheffield and Elton John with a club that escapes me now). But I wonder what was Plant's link with Richard Burton? He must've loved "Mountains of the Moon" for sure which I thought was a great film about his exploration to the Nile with Speke.
John9 Posted - 27/10/2009 : 22:53:10

Yes Caryne that's absolutely true. In one of the very early editions of The Castle there is a 1970 letter from Robert Plant to a UK music paper....during Love's first tour here. In it he sings the band's praises no end.
caryne Posted - 27/10/2009 : 22:45:05
Plant has always been a huge 'Love' fan and, from what I understand, helped Arthur out on a few occasions in his past.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page