Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 The Brook is still a Blast!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
oldfartatplay Posted - 31/10/2004 : 13:16:11
Have been reading the recent postings about the US gigs with great interest,and am already thinking ahead to any possible European gigs next year.On that note,it's great to report that The Brook in Southampton remains an absolute must for a return visit by Arthur & Love.I was very concerned that the recent re-fit might throw the baby out with the bathwater(i.e:lose the special intimate atmosphere in the cause of increasing capacity).However,I recently caught the mighty Nils Lofgren's gig (an absolute corker!),and was relieved to find the venue's special character still intact,with the bars moved,and improved - and more space added upstairs.For those who prefer to stand for rock gigs,the downstairs floor is brilliant with no-one more than about thirty feet from the stage.One of the best venues in the South of the UK,and definitely due a return visit from the guys next year(Mr.Povey-please take note)Here's hoping.....?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LarryNYC Posted - 15/11/2004 : 06:09:27
I had some dealings with the Brook in the very early days there. I booked Roger Chapman and the Short List into there. There was a very nice guy called Bryn (cant remember his surname) running things there at the time. Any idea if he is still there Oldfart?

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page