Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 "Alone Again Or " played on John Peel tribute

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John E Posted - 30/10/2004 : 22:08:34
Last night on his late show on BBC Radio 2, Bob Harris kicked off by
paying tribute to John Peel. The first track he played was Love's "Alone Again Or" (followed by "By the Light of the Magical Moon" from Tyrannosaurus Rex). Harris told of his first meeting with John Peel (which was also the night that Harris first met Marc Bolan). Harris was already a fan of Peel, as a regular listener to "The Perfumed Garden Show". At the time, he was working for a student magazine. Upon their meeting, Peel handed him a copy of "Forever Changes" , and said "I think you'll really enjoy this".
Love, John E
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
johnbhoy Posted - 01/11/2004 : 08:47:24
The by-product of this story (and John Peel would appreciate this absolute fact) is Harris' contribution to the Peel legacy will in itself further spread the gospel of Love - by playing those tracks more/new listeners will become attuned to Arthur and the boys. 'As yesterday, the day before...

Was talking about this very topic in the pub last night - anyway Happy All Saints Day to everyone for we hope to be included among them one day- all that lives is gonna die...

Lisbon 1967
trevor Posted - 31/10/2004 : 11:43:40
And the last track Bob played was 'The Daily Planet', repeating the story about Peely giving him the FC vinyl back in '67. Tis a very sad time for music fans everywhere. It was brought home to me when I met some 20 year old students in mourning for the los of their music teacher.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page