Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Love vinyl

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Susan B. Posted - 21/10/2004 : 01:42:06
On Saturday my cousin gave me 4 mint condition albums. (remember those?) The firrst 3 including forever changes and The best of Love. Just wanted to share my joy.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gordo Posted - 05/11/2004 : 10:41:23
I got my copy of Vindicator in the post last night. Gatefold sleeve and it's a promo copy.

Listened to it once - some excellent tracks - and then the stylus broke!

If you're stylus is going to die you'd want it to die happy!
gordo Posted - 25/10/2004 : 14:53:06
and with 1 day and 5hours somebody in Nevada is selling a copy of Vindicator the current price is $1 !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4045803816&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

If I'd have known, I might not have bought a copy for $25 last week
drano Posted - 25/10/2004 : 09:55:01
If anyone's interested, the Ebay seller xxxrecords is selling some mint condition original pressings of the first 4 Love LPs:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=xxxrecords&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50
Lizzyb Posted - 23/10/2004 : 01:34:20
sorry another one

just a note on Cousins. Ypur cousin gave you some vintage albums, mine encouraged me to get into and buy those same albums. cheers joanie D.
my only regret is that people we wrote to regularly in those days don't seem to have found this board: dougie in scotland, much and bund ib bristol peter in plymouth and others,,,

Keep on shining
Lizzyb Posted - 23/10/2004 : 01:29:21
I believe smells are very important
the smell of the albums very much so

and tina and i recorded our impulse to braethe deep into arthur's video case on the freedom man's site. yes the smell means a lot

Keep on shining
jazzy mary Posted - 22/10/2004 : 17:45:27
No he did, he had impeccable hygiene--an ABSOLUTE MUST!! It was just something about that musk-y smell of the newly opened album sleeve. I don't know really--but both smells were very terrific!!
markk Posted - 22/10/2004 : 02:34:32
Mary,
What could be strange about the smell inside an album cover
reminding you of an old boyfriend?

Of course nothing,

Maybe he just didn't shower.

Just joking around!
Gill Posted - 22/10/2004 : 00:55:44
I quite agree. There was nothing like the excitement of getting a brand new vinyl album out of it's cover for the first time, although I must say my Love albums on vinyl aren't in the best of conditions now. The covers aren't too bad though apart from Da Capo which I seem to remember someone putting an iron through it which left a big nasty hole. CDs definitely don't have the same excitement.

Love
Gill
jazzy mary Posted - 21/10/2004 : 20:24:20
markk, Exactly!!! I adored liner notes too and I adored the way a record cover would smell inside when I would first open it up. The smell, for some reason, reminded me of my first serious boyfriend. I loved that smell. Really, I'm not a weirdo, guys!!
markk Posted - 21/10/2004 : 19:31:52
And don't forget those wonderful, wonderful album covers, which I
would carefully examine to get a hint or glimpse about the artist,
maybe something personal or mystical or whatever. The little picture on a CD just doesn't cut it.
LarryNYC Posted - 21/10/2004 : 18:18:59
The warm vinyl sound without the pops and crackles would be the ideal I guess.
jazzy mary Posted - 21/10/2004 : 18:06:19
It's the vinyl. The same phenomenon happens w/ jazz albums transferred to cds. Some jazz fans like the "warmth" of the vinyl so much more. Some like the crispness and the way one can hear more of the instrumentation on the cd version particularly if they are a "re-engineered" version. I'm not sure which way I lean.
gordo Posted - 21/10/2004 : 17:09:10
aaah the joy that vinyl brings

last year I got the first 4 albums on vinyl in a bundle I bought on e-bay. Whether it's the wear on the vinyl or transcription techniques all the albums sound different to the CD's

enjoy

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page