Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Alone Again Or ....... on Radio 4

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John9 Posted - 09/02/2008 : 15:10:13
Fee Glover's 'Saturday Live' weekly discussion programme at 9AM on BBC Radio 4 is currently featuring an excellent idea entitled 'The Inheritance Tracks'. Each week, a lucky listener gets to play and talk about the one song that has become significant in their life because it has been handed down to them by their parents. They then get to do exactly the same thing with the song they would like to hand down to their own children. This morning's guest was one Peter Holloway - and his choice for the latter category was Love's 'Alone Again Or'. In the interview, he discusses the album as a whole, the lyrics of this song and Bryan Maclean's all too early departure from the band. He then goes on to mention Maclean's later religious faith and his early death. There is also mention of his failed audition for the Monkees (didn't the same thing happen to Stephen Stills?)and the more dominant personality of Arthur Lee. Anyway,you can hear all this at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio4_aod.shtml?radio4/saturdaylive

This will give you the entire one hour programme - but you should be able to fast forward through the show until the last 10-15 minutes where you will find the interview.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
John9 Posted - 14/02/2008 : 10:29:12

Resolved!
John9 Posted - 13/02/2008 : 18:26:51

Dukie - I am sorry about that. I've just sent it again - but have also advised Torben of what seems to be a minor technical problem. If you haven't received it this time please post again - we'll at least know then that something is definitely wrong.
Dukie Posted - 13/02/2008 : 17:13:53
John, e-mail me via the Members section on the board... I haven't received your recent e-mail. Thanks. Dukie.
John9 Posted - 12/02/2008 : 23:21:03
Dukie - thanks for your message. I think that the problem with the email is that for, for some reason, the site will not let me update my details - it keeps telling that my latest email address is "already in use". I have sent you my new email address should you still wish to contact me directly. Cheers, John
Dukie Posted - 11/02/2008 : 15:26:36
John9, get in touch... my e-mail to you was returned. Dukie.
ed the bear Posted - 09/02/2008 : 18:28:37
BBC = Blazing Beacon of Civilization (or should I say Civilisation)

Thanks, John for passing these gems along.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page