Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Vindicator at Fillmore East?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John9 Posted - 19/12/2007 : 10:51:59
According to David Wells'(excellent)liner notes for the new BGO edition of 'Vindicator' Love's final recording lineup of Lee, Fayad, Suranovich and Rowles (+Rickett) had evaporated by the time of the release of 'False Start' in late 1970. In its place apparently was the Lee, Fayad, Poncher and Tarwater group which as we have often been told, went on to record the abortive sessions at Columbia that would become the foundations of 'Vindicator'. This is then confirmed in spoken comments from Craig Tarwater who states that he was in post by autumn 1970. Many contributors will know of the MCA release 'Love Studio/Live' which combines selections from 'Out Here' with four congs from a performance at Fillmore East. The problem is that there is no information about the timing of this show ....or indeed of the personnel involved. According to Torben's tourlist, the group played three consecutive dates there in February 1970 and were back again in November. I've always assumed (probably as a result of what I've read on this site) that it was the November date that was captured for posterity. If this is the case then that would make the live recording quite a gem - the only available live material from any 'Vindicator' lineup!

One very welcome feature of the new BGO release is the inclusion of the lyrics. But there is I think a slight mistake. In 'Everybody's Gotta Live'the line, "I was surrounded by 50 million strong" has become "I was surrounded by 50 million songs"! Still, I suppose it amounts to pretty much the same thing. Maybe I should just get a life - Merry Christmas everyone!!!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kdion11 Posted - 20/12/2007 : 19:53:52
quote:
Originally posted by John9

All highly comical! The reason why I think it is "50 million strong" is that there is a precedent. On 'Your Mind and We Belong Together', there is a short but glorious section in the middle when Arthur's voice verges on the operatic. Contained therein, just after "So many people" is the line; "There they are, though they are wrong, ten thousand strong". Perhaps it was a favourite expression Arthur had.

KD: Or, he really did have 50 million bongs !
John9 Posted - 20/12/2007 : 12:33:14
All highly comical! The reason why I think it is "50 million strong" is that there is a precedent. On 'Your Mind and We Belong Together', there is a short but glorious section in the middle when Arthur's voice verges on the operatic. Contained therein, just after "So many people" is the line; "There they are, though they are wrong, ten thousand strong". Perhaps it was a favourite expression Arthur had.
TJSAbass Posted - 20/12/2007 : 01:31:17
Kdion, you're killin' me! (ROFL!)
kdion11 Posted - 19/12/2007 : 19:53:24

quote:
Originally posted by ruxprncd

Or maybe it's "I was surrounded by 50 million wrong"..."50 million Rons"..."50 million thongs"? ;)

50 Million Bongs ?

Free the bongs !
ruxprncd Posted - 19/12/2007 : 14:34:55
Or maybe it's "I was surrounded by 50 million wrong"..."50 million Rons"..."50 million thongs"? ;)

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page