Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 I Do Wonder/ I Still Wonder

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John9 Posted - 16/09/2007 : 12:27:46
For quite a long time now, I have wondered (!) whether these two songs are linked in the way that Jethro Tull's 'Wondering Aloud' and 'Wondering Again' were. 'I Do Wonder' as far as I know, was first heard on Arthur's 1978 EP issued on the 'Da Capo' label - but as we now know, it was originally recorded during the 'Forever Changes' sessions. 'I Still Wonder' with its strong melody and CSNY style harmonies, has always been just about my favourite post 'Changes'track - although its imagery of course is much darker than that of the earlier song. To add to the conundrum, some sources have credited the later song solely to Donnellan (who of course could always craft a fine melody himself) whilst others say 'Lee-Donnellan'.

I also wonder whether it would be too forlorn a hope to wish for the cd releases of the two fine albums which Jay recorded (under the name 'Jay Lewis') immediately post Love - with his group, Morning: 'Morning' and 'Struck Like Silver' - the latter contained a beautiful reading of Joni Mitchell's 'For Free'.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
myoungish Posted - 17/09/2007 : 07:21:03
And what about the honorable Mr. Echols? It was so kool having him post here for a while.

Michael Young
Old_Man Posted - 16/09/2007 : 16:22:47
Talking about Jay Donnelan, I wonder what he's up to? It's been a while since he's posted here. I enjoyed reading his posts.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page