Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Robert Plant mentioning Arthur

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JohnFPorcaro Posted - 16/09/2007 : 02:50:47
http://music.aol.com/video/led-zeppelin-induction-speech-live-at/led-zeppelin/1863872

Robert Plant mentioning Arthur at the R&R induction speech(at about4:37)
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
barbinberkeley Posted - 13/10/2007 : 05:52:35
I stumbled onto a Robert Plant interview a few months ago. It was his mention of Arthur Lee that brought me to this website and to rekindling my interest in the great music of my young days. As a result of learning that I had missed my chance to ever see Arthur Lee, I decided to take my first trip to Europe to see another great band while they are still around. Yes, big thanks to Robert Plant for shining his love of great musicians all around! I love Robert Plant's latest album, Mighty Rearranger. There are a couple of good protest songs on it, too. Another of his solo albums that I like a lot is Dreamland. He covers Morning Dew, One More Cup of Coffee, Song for the Siren, and other great songs in a unique way, I think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akRjj6pVAco
http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,1701655,00.html
radiopete Posted - 12/10/2007 : 07:52:39
I recently read an account of the benefit concert for Arthur in New York, just several weeks before his passing. It was riddled with problems, from unyielding New York CIty union rules, to scheduling conflicts. The show was far from being a success until Robert Plant entered the picture.

Plant was to be one of the performers at the benefit. When given an update on how dismal things were progressing, Plant demanded to go on the air at NYC's classic rock station to talk up the concert.

Even though the classic rock station continued to ignore Lee's stellar work (including "Four Sail", one of the greatest rock albums to never get airplay at such stations) how could a classic rock station refuse Robert Plant? As a result of Plant's perseverance, he went on the air to promote the concert with glowing references to Arthur's music. It worked. After Plant spoke out on the air, ticket sales heated up; tshow was nearly sold out after all.

While it shouldn't have taken someone of the status of Robert Plant to make the concert work, it comes as no surprise. I once drove nearly 3 hours to see Love open for the Kinks at the Fillmore East. I barely arrived in time, to see Love perform all of 3 songs before Arthur Lee was booed off the stage. Racial ephitets were to blame at that "progressive" rock palace. It was not a shining moment in the musics' history. On the other hand Robert Plant going above and beyond the call of duty for Arthur's memorial concerts is one of the musics' greatest unsung moments.

rocker Posted - 17/09/2007 : 20:58:18
Listening to Plant's speech made me want to be thankful to him for paying attention to "American" music at the time he was talking about (late 60's). There was plenty of "cross-pollination across the pond at the time and he recognized and used it. Plus it was something to get Arthur's named mentioned with those early greats. He and they were in some company!
myoungish Posted - 17/09/2007 : 07:24:46
Robert has always been THE premier keeper of the Arthur flame, ever since he gave Arthur the red carpet treatment at the L.A. Forum in '75. Bless 'ol Percy...He's also had many a kind word for Bryan.

Michael Young
Lizzyb Posted - 16/09/2007 : 22:17:35
sigh

it's not available in my area, ah well something to look forward to...

and only days ago I was trying to concentrate on important Work related complications while the muted TV on the wall over my colleague's shoulder was showing Plant performing over the years (to mark the announcement of a reunion (almost)show)... more to look forward to..

Amanda the colleague loves him dearly so she was a bit put out too.

Keep on shining

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page