Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 A Surprise from Sweden

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jazmaan Posted - 11/09/2007 : 06:32:27
Just found something apecial today that Gene Kraut sent me shortly after the 1996 tour. I'd completely forgotten about it until my son asked about it. I dug around my basement for two hours and just when I was about to give up I FOUND IT!

That's all I want to say right now. But stay tuned!

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jazmaan Posted - 27/09/2007 : 04:54:24
Yes Malmo was one of the best. To put it in context, it had been many, many years since Love had toured Europe. In fact, I'm not sure they ever did a real tour, I think it was more like one-offs here and there. So given Arthur's rep, there was a lot of resistance and skepticism that Gene Kraut had to overcome in booking this tour. And although we wanted to believe, nobody was really sure exactly what to expect, and everyone, including Arthur himself, had lingering doubts.

The first stop on the tour, Odense, Denmark was less than stellar, to put it diplomatically. Unfortunately, THAT stop was picked for a live broadcast on Danish radio! The next stop Copenhagen went a lot better. A nice large crowd at a big hall and we were amazed to find that the audience was so young and yet they seemed to know all the words to the songs. I recall an afterparty where the host was in his twenties but had a great collection of LOVE rarities on vinyl.

The next stop in Oslo was a very small club so Gene didn't make much money on that leg, but the music was pretty good. Next stop was Stockholm and finally we had a nice modern club and good attendance. So by the time we got to Malmo, everyone was believing that this could really be happening. We were also really pleased to find that our hotel, the Malmo Radisson, was new and spacious like nothing we'd seen to that point. (Our other hotel rooms in Europe seemed like closets compared to rooms in the States.)

Gene was overjoyed to find that the club in Malmo was sold out! And we quickly sold out all our merchandise too! (I had to call Rhino Records in L.A. and get them to Fedex a crate of LoveStory CD's to our next destination.) So everyone was feeling good in Malmo as you can see onstage. And we had a great afterparty in Mike's suite which I've still got some treasured photos from. I'd post them but if my wife saw them I'd catch hell! Hey, I was single then! And for the record, in case Diane is reading this, Arthur did NOT attend that party and he NEVER showed the slightest interest in womanizing on that tour. As for the rest of the band, well I'm sworn to secrecy!

The Freedom Man Posted - 26/09/2007 : 23:25:12
Thanks Man, really awesome!

Kula John Posted - 26/09/2007 : 22:39:40
Yeh that vid is brilliant, thanks jazmaan.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Tina Posted - 26/09/2007 : 07:17:39
Jazmaan, thats realy great. Thanks so much.
barbinberkeley Posted - 26/09/2007 : 00:06:37
Jazmaan, that made my day! Tremendous fun, thanks so much!
jazmaan Posted - 25/09/2007 : 22:56:12
Did you notice where for a second Arthur was about to crowd-surf but then thought better of it?
Old_Man Posted - 25/09/2007 : 21:45:13
Good band that. Can't wait to see more.
Lizzyb Posted - 25/09/2007 : 18:34:59
and Arthur looks so happy

great stuff

Keep on shining
mikeb Posted - 25/09/2007 : 16:55:11
quote:
Originally posted by jazmaan

Here is the first peek at Love w/Arthur Lee in Malmo, Sweden! One of my favorite stops on the 1996 tour. Listen to Rusty's intro "this motherf*&ker LIVES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4E15yWgYH0

That was tremendous, thanks for uploading.
jazmaan Posted - 25/09/2007 : 16:39:59
Here is the first peek at Love w/Arthur Lee in Malmo, Sweden! One of my favorite stops on the 1996 tour. Listen to Rusty's intro "this motherf*&ker LIVES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4E15yWgYH0
jazmaan Posted - 17/09/2007 : 03:50:47
In case anyone was wondering, I'm still working on digitizing this show. I'm actually waiting for a better VCR (which I should have very soon) so I can do the best possible transfer.
jazmaan Posted - 13/09/2007 : 03:31:02
I have to say that Gene was rather erratic as a cameraman. He chose to remain near the back of the packed house with his shoulder mounted camera (this was before the days of videocams that would fit in your pocket) so the picture view is frequently obscured or even completely blocked by audience members. I suspect that, ever the promoter, Gene was just as interested in documenting the fact that the band was a potent draw, as he was in capturing the musical performance.
The Freedom Man Posted - 12/09/2007 : 19:57:19
Here's the setlist of that evening, Arthur's voice was great and very strong.It's one of my fav shows to listen too!

KB Club Malmo, May 24 1996

1 > Alone Again
2 > Signed DC
3 > My Little Red Book
4 > Orange skies
5 > Your Mind & We
6 > Stephanie Knows Who
7 > Andmoreagain
8 > Girl On Fire
9 > Between Clark & Hilldale
10>She Comes In Colours
11>7 & 7 Is
12>Singing Cowboy
13/14>A House Is Not A Motel
15>Everybody's Gotta Live

ruxprncd Posted - 12/09/2007 : 14:48:31
jazmaan, ya teaszer! surprises from '96 are most appreciated!
jazmaan Posted - 12/09/2007 : 07:52:03
Yes indeed, Malmo was one of my favorite stops of the 96 tour. (And not just because we had the nicest hotel rooms we'd seen to that point.) I made an audio recording that night which remains uncirculated, but Gene Kraut went a step further . . .

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page