Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 False Start re-released (again)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John9 Posted - 30/08/2007 : 17:04:18
Details at:

http://www.spincds.com/product.asp?id=9012721

It is ironic that throughout the last 15-16 years this has been the only one of Love's post Forever Changes releases to have been continuously available. Especially when you remember how the original vinyl release disappeared so quickly - EMI (Harvest) had deleted it here by 1972 - although in Britain during 1975, numerous heavily discounted import (Blue Thumb) copies of both 'False Start' and 'Out Here' mysteriously appeared in record shops across the nation. Although I've always seen 'False Start' as the weakest of the 1966-70 albums, it was my second ever purchase by the band and I so I do have a special affection for it. I'll never forget the look on my Dad's face when he came into my room just as the last few bars of 'Ride That Vibration' were playing! I am now six years older than he was then - and isn't it said that we all become our parents.......eventually? -

Addendum: - since the original posting I have this evening played 'Ride That Vibration' and 'Anytime' from the newly remastered recordings. I really do like the harmonies and of course the 'no nonsense' guitar style of Gary Rowles. I've noticed that the last concert appearance of this lineup was at Vancouver in February 1971. It would be fascinating to know what the setlist was. Some months later Arthur was interviewed about this latest dissolution of the band. He replied "Those guys couldn't cut it any more". Listening to the best of 'False Start' afresh, I find that hard to believe.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page