Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 You think that Johnny Ramone....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
otis robb Posted - 12/10/2004 : 21:01:51
was the only whose name was 'assocaited' with MOSRITE guitars. Its as if the name was NEVER part of the history identified with THE VENTURES or NOKIE EDWARDS!!!! But as well, these guitars were also a part of Love's history as well, from what I enderstand. From the recent pics of ARthur, he seems to favor an SG'ish type Gibson(it looks like a custom made one with tripe pickups) On his 81 one album, there's an SG on the front cover. Anybody with 'knowledgeable' info as to whom in particular was using the Mosrites back in 66?
The Mosrites(Im avid guitar fan, by the way) had a serial number stamped on them between the 21st and 22nd fret. Most of the 'AUTHENTIC' ones had an assembly date and batch number stamped under the neck or in the neck of the body joint. Pots were used that had the stamped date which signified the month and the date when that particular guitar was manufactured. Sadly Mosrite filed bankruptcy in Feburary 1969. Oh sure, the name has been bought from the MOSELEY family since its creator (SEMIE( passed away years ago), but in reality are not up to the originals specifications.
I believe the members of Love were using a MARK I model and dont know if the bassist Ken Fossi was using a Mosrite bass since they were also manufactured at that time too. Anyone with info about th exact make John Bryan or Arthur was using back then would be greatly appreciative. (All down race to the keyboard all at once now...ha-ha) Till the next....

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page