Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Recalling What We all....Love !

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ThomasGalasso Posted - 17/04/2006 : 06:00:48

In the wake of the news of Arthurly, I began to do some things differently. I actually was drawn to tears at one point about the news. I never cry, and maybe that has lots to do with some of my own issues, but I found the time to do it.

I began thinking about some of the things I absolutely love about Love. I listened to the first album all over again for like three days, and just found it so amazing.

I just sat there and thought about all of the great things I missed, in terms of seeing these guys live back in their prime. Imagine seeing Johnny Echols going nuts on guitar ?

"You I'll Be Following" has been in my head for a long time now, I kept thinking about the verse where Arthur says "My head is still bent" and how cool that is to me. It made me feel so damned good listening to the innocence and rawness of that first album.

A group of young misguided artists living in some confusing times, I salute them all.

-Thomas Galasso

"Softly to Me".....that song is the medicine.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Phil Brauer Posted - 20/04/2006 : 10:58:26
quote:

Got kind of sad today listening to You Set the Scene while driving along the California coast. The seriousness of Arthur's illness really finally hit me. He's always seemed somewhat invincible to me, with an ability to rise from the ashes when it really counts. Today I wasn't so sure. (Don't mean to be a Bummer in the...spring.)
quote:

I listened to Love for the first time in a while today while driving up Carmel Valley...beautiful day, beautiful music. It also got me to thinking about the sixties, and the politically charged climate during which the music was made, and the similarities to these times...especially the line "Waiting on the War". These pigs in the white house are talking about nuking Iran???
quote:

By the time that I'm through singing
The bells from the schools of walls will be ringing
More confusions, blood transfusions
The news today will be the movies for tomorrow
And the water's turned to blood, and if
You don't think so
Go turn on your tub
And it it's mixed with mud
You'll see it turn to gray
And you can call my name
I hear you call my name
Listening to those lyrics I can feel possible impending doom
The sweet disorder Posted - 19/04/2006 : 23:19:01
ZFarrar,

Spot on with your posts..If somebody "major" could just get a grip of this, everybody else would surely full in place.

I've recently lost my father to cancer so the subject is resonating too much for me. I've spent a lot of time since it happened listening to Arthur and have drawn comfort from the music of a band/artist that I love and means so much to me. I just wish I had the ability/clout to give him something back. Im just a fan who buys the records so hopefully somebody bigger and better will stand up and set this thing up.

Cheers

Ian
astrolobe33 Posted - 19/04/2006 : 22:32:18
That is good.
Love-ly to see you back onboard Loov.
Jon
Loov Posted - 19/04/2006 : 22:00:48
Happy to say that CNN online has a piece about Arthur and the proposed benefit, today:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/19/music.lee.reut/index.html
That's more than a start, as far as mainstream media outlets go in the U.S.
Who besides X (bless them!), Calexico and Cake are on tap for the cause?

Loov
ZFarrar Posted - 19/04/2006 : 17:59:45
Thanks Thomas, first and foremost the news about Arthur needs needs to be told from a central voice to all music, trade (radio), pop culture magazines, etc. Even mainstream magazines such as Entertainment Weekly have writers like Ken Barnes who are like time Love fans. Someone with PR chops and music industry contacts who can call in favors would be the best choice. Next a heavyweight promoter or music figure with a ton of friends could champion the cause in terms of creating a strong lineup of artist and major publicity. Honestly, I don't think that many people are aware of Arthur's illness at this point. If that infastructure isn't been designed to deciminate information and contact media and music industry contacts, it must be done quickly.
ThomasGalasso Posted - 19/04/2006 : 04:01:52

I must say I agree with both of the last two threads.

I always viewed Arthur as being somewhat invincible. Alas, one cannot predict the future nor defy the laws of health. I don't see it as being a bummer, it is a sad potential that needs to be addressed. I am one person whose pure optimism will allow me to think nothing but positive thoughts, because they can eventually turn into words, and words can become the truth.

ZFarrar has a great point. There seems to be a bit of conflicting shows or reports. Either way, I would like to see these various benefits do great things for Arthur, and others close to him with positive intentions. This would be a wonderful time for people such as Eric Clapton, Robert Plant, Lenny Kravitz (despite my story), and others to step up to the plate. This is after all someone's life we are talking about.

-Thomas Galasso

Again, I will ask..."Where is Robert Plant, can he be contacted ?"
ZFarrar Posted - 19/04/2006 : 03:31:16
I'm a little concerned that there is conflicting information on the benefit concerts. He needs help now, if all these superstars love Arthur, now is the time to show it. Someone with enough juice in the music industry will need to head up this effort. Is someone in touch with the trades, record companies, acts, and music publications?.
myoungish Posted - 19/04/2006 : 03:11:51
Got kind of sad today listening to You Set the Scene while driving along the California coast. The seriousness of Arthur's illness really finally hit me. He's always seemed somewhat invincible to me, with an ability to rise from the ashes when it really counts. Today I wasn't so sure. (Don't mean to be a Bummer in the...spring.)

Michael Young
waxburn Posted - 18/04/2006 : 04:27:47
quote:
Originally posted by Kula John

great post thomas, couldnt agree more.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....

I am hopeful there will be a new album, with the new band.
Kula John Posted - 17/04/2006 : 11:11:00
great post thomas, couldnt agree more.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page