Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 My fantasy lineup for Arthur benefit concert

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
myoungish Posted - 13/04/2006 : 03:16:44
Just to escape from the sadness and heaviness for a minute, let's make a list of bands or artists we would most want to see at an Arthur benefit show. Old bands can reunite, and they don't have to be known Love fans. Mine would be something like:

Dylan
The Kinks
Funkadelic (with Johnny Echols replacing the late Eddie Hazel!)
Zeppelin (Jason Bonham on drums)
Prince and the Revolution

Michael Young
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
astrolobe33 Posted - 18/04/2006 : 18:19:17
How about Mazzy Star? They had a bigger hit with "5-string Serenade" than Arthur, didn't they.
Also, I know, it's crazy, but I'd like to see how Iron Butterfly might treat a Love tune or two. Especially the original line-up of IB, but they aren't all still with us are they? I hear they are touring with Dorman and Bushy nowadays, though. I wonder how they sound...
waxburn Posted - 14/04/2006 : 22:56:01
quote:
Originally posted by markk

Its just good to see a positive post here

Thanks, Mr. Young

http://www.indie44.com/love/#

ZFarrar Posted - 14/04/2006 : 17:56:28
The Gallagher Brothers-Oasis,Tom Petty, Michael Penn, The Knack (Berton Averre was Arthur's lead guitarist for a time), Sean Bonniwell & The Music Machine, Julian Cope, Lenny Kravitz, Maria McKee, Eric Burdon, The Yardbirds, Neil Young,Robin Hitchcock,all living members of 65-70 lineups of Love, and members of the Doors.
The sweet disorder Posted - 14/04/2006 : 14:22:55
My fantasy lineup would be an all star jam of everybody who has ever graced the banner of "Love" (who are still with us of course) The problem would be getting a large enough stage!!!
markk Posted - 14/04/2006 : 13:55:35
Its just good to see a positive post here

Thanks, Mr. Young
Tina Posted - 14/04/2006 : 13:26:43
Sounds fantastic finelyfree - can't y'all come over to the UK as well???
ladylove Posted - 14/04/2006 : 07:47:49
It's okay to get excited, because the last week of June might see all of us grooving to the songs of LOVE. So, everybody keep your fingers crossed and your positive vibes flowing for a phenomenal experience

LOVE and Peace

bob f. Posted - 14/04/2006 : 04:37:25
i'm in suspence, especially, 'cause i'm here in my home town , L.A. awaiting news of a benefit concert in Arthur Lee's Love, hometown. i'll be there! support and prayers for the Man!
myoungish Posted - 14/04/2006 : 01:53:55
I'm trying not to get too excited here, finelyfree! L.A. is but a hop and a skip away from this here Frisco-town.

Michael Young
Allan Posted - 13/04/2006 : 21:12:35
finelyfree...

It's apparent you're on top of this and I (and I'm sure everyone else here) really appreciate your efforts. It's very 'stand-up' of you.

finelyfree-I'm feeling the LOVE. GET WELL ARTHUR.

Thank you

Allan
ladylove Posted - 13/04/2006 : 20:50:52
quote:
Originally posted by Allan

Nice post Michael

I'd like to see Johnny Echols, Michael Stuart, Jay Donnellen, Snoopy, and Fleckenstein all get together and just Get It On!! Robert Plant on vocals... and even have Arthur singing 'You I'll Be Following'. And have BL behind them as supporting musicians.

Allan

You may not be too far from the truth, Allan.

I'll let everybody know as soon as I can.

LOVE and Peace

Allan Posted - 13/04/2006 : 14:53:15
Nice post Michael

I'd like to see Johnny Echols, Michael Stuart, Jay Donnellen, Snoopy, and Fleckenstein all get together and just Get It On!! Robert Plant on vocals... and even have Arthur singing 'You I'll Be Following'. And have BL behind them as supporting musicians.

Allan
myoungish Posted - 13/04/2006 : 08:49:38
Aah, good 'ol Neil (and Crazy Horse.) And I always forget most of the Byrds are still alive and kickin'(Gene Clark RIP). And I must admit that Bonnie Prince Paul is one of those guys I've read about in Mojo for years, but have yet to hear. I suppose it's time to check him out.

Michael Young
astrolobe33 Posted - 13/04/2006 : 04:49:21
quote:
Originally posted by myoungish

Funkadelic (with Johnny Echols replacing the late Eddie Hazel!)

hoo hoo hoo! Now there you're talking!

What about Neil Young, the Byrds, Country Joe, mmm... Bonnie Prince Billy?

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page