Andy Fraser dead at 62
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

harvey
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
155 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2015 :  23:09:38  Show Profile  Send harvey a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Could not see this mentioned anywhere on here so thought I would flag it up. On 16th March 2015 Bass Player Andy Fraser died aged 62. Best known for playing in the band Free with Paul Kossoff, Simon Kirk and Paul Rogers. Best known track All Right Now, part written by Andy with a bass solo by him. Started professional career at 15 with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers. Was introduced to Mayall by Alexis Korner who's daughter Sappho (an old acquaintance of mine) had met Andy. Left to form Free. Free split up later and he went on to form Sharks and Andy Fraser Band which is when I met him. I worked with him on the first Andy Fraser Band Album when he was trying some different effects with drums and cymbals at CBS Studios in London where my friend was the engineer. Gave him a lift back home in my old Morris Minor to a place in the middle of Surrey somewhere. Met his wife Ri . I went to several gigs with the band afterwards and receptions when the Album came out. Seemed to be a nice guy , nice family, wife & kids etc. I lost track of him after that and he seemed to not be doing much after he moved to the States. Later I saw articles about his 'Coming out' and new albums etc. All Right Now seems to get played every week somewhere on TV in the UK. Always listed as some well known musicians favourite track. Great shame he has gone. Great talent from such a young age .
Harvey the Roadie

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9865 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2015 :  15:09:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by harvey

Could not see this mentioned anywhere on here so thought I would flag it up. On 16th March 2015 Bass Player Andy Fraser died aged 62. Best known for playing in the band Free with Paul Kossoff, Simon Kirk and Paul Rogers. Best known track All Right Now, part written by Andy with a bass solo by him. Started professional career at 15 with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers. Was introduced to Mayall by Alexis Korner who's daughter Sappho (an old acquaintance of mine) had met Andy. Left to form Free. Free split up later and he went on to form Sharks and Andy Fraser Band which is when I met him. I worked with him on the first Andy Fraser Band Album when he was trying some different effects with drums and cymbals at CBS Studios in London where my friend was the engineer. Gave him a lift back home in my old Morris Minor to a place in the middle of Surrey somewhere. Met his wife Ri . I went to several gigs with the band afterwards and receptions when the Album came out. Seemed to be a nice guy , nice family, wife & kids etc. I lost track of him after that and he seemed to not be doing much after he moved to the States. Later I saw articles about his 'Coming out' and new albums etc. All Right Now seems to get played every week somewhere on TV in the UK. Always listed as some well known musicians favourite track. Great shame he has gone. Great talent from such a young age .
Harvey the Roadie

Thanks, Harv. A couple friends and I have talked about this sad loss, but never got around to posting....sincere appologies and RIP to Andy.

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page