New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2014 :  19:30:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remember when a band was actually good enough to pull off a live take, ALL members playing at once, good enough that a take could be used, straight from the studio to the can to vinyl--pretty much as is (with minimal mixing or editing)?

The Doors give a pretty damn good demonstration of what a great band could do, and what was expected! Nowadays an artist doesn't even have to be able to sing on key..they can fix it. Or sing and play all at once, together. Whaaat? That's too much to ask.

Wild Child--studio take

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRLE-FbcnbY

...as Jac Holzman said in the LoVE Story-Forever Changes documentary, unlike Arthur Lee & LoVE, the Doors were a true democracy. Jim still had that youthful innocent & sweet demeanor about him in this Wild Child video. Not the world weary look of his last years.

Where's the Love videos from the studio takes?!! Wouldn't that have been nice. I suppose Arthur wouldn't allow it.

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley

Edited by - lemonade kid on 25/03/2014 19:56:50

Joe Morris
Old Love

3485 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2014 :  21:52:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never heard of the Doors? are they a new band?

I hear Other Voices is a good album, although I don't think that made the charts. Not as popular a band as Love!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page