Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
333 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  21:25:07  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
just booked tickets to see Patti Smith with Steve Earle in June at Royal Festival Hall saw her last year in Brixton and she still rocks

hey ho! lets go!

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2005 :  08:39:41  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I saw her last year in Brixton too (didn't know you were there) she was great. I too have tickets but for her performance of 'Horses' with the great John Cale. I am also going to a couple of the other 'Meltdown' nights, the 'Songs of Innocence' one with Patti, Sinead O'Connor and lots of others and the 'Stand Bravely Brothers' one, the songs of Brecht and Weill. I'm expecting good nights from all three. To be honest I think I could have gone to all those 'Meltdown' gigs but had to draw the line somewhere.
http://www.rfh.org.uk/main/series/202.html

Edited by - caryne on 06/05/2005 08:40:39
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
333 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2005 :  18:02:06  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah we was gonna go to the HORSES gig but it sold out pretty quick so we got tickets for the gig with Steve Earle instead the 2 Television gigs look good but are weekdays and I have my holidays off work all booked up! they were great last year supporting Patti Smith at Brixton

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2005 :  19:12:46  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There were still tickets available for the Horses gig at lunchtime today, rear stalls I think, not sure if it's sold out by now though.
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
333 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2005 :  21:11:30  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I went on the RFH site yesterday and also rang and they had sold out! in Rear stalls it still says less than 10 tickets left! but they are for wheelchair users only! tickets were already being sold on ebay yesterday afternoon for 100s! not real music fans just rip off merchants! looking forward to the 19th though

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2005 :  22:26:26  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ticketmaster hadtickets at lunchtime but, sadly, all seem to be gone now. What can I say? I'm sure the Steve Earle event will be excellent.
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
333 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  18:48:10  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah I like Steve Earle and should be good to see him playing live with Patti Smith seen on their website that Television are playing Bristol Academy on June 22nd

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  21:01:53  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, I read that (though seems tickets aren't on sale yet) that'll be a busy week for me!
Go to Top of Page

Angel
First Love

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  18:52:13  Show Profile  Visit Angel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Me looking forward to seeing Patti on 19th June too - and it is Father's Day too Steve64!!

"Oh, don't ask why"
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
333 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  20:39:14  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes Fathers Day with you and Skye and then a nice gig in the evening Richard Hell the night before too

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  21:52:01  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Richard's appearance is just a reading and book signing though isn't it? I love Richard Hell but given the choice between him reading and the 'Songs of Innocence' evening at the same event, I went for the latter.
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
333 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  17:34:30  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah Richard Hell is only doing a reading but should be good we are in London for that weekend so thought I would pop along tickets are on sale for the Television gig at Bristol Academy now! got mine last night from Ticketweb

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  19:34:48  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Didn't fancy then'Songs of Innocence' event on that night then...I'm a big William Blake fan so anything called 'Songs of Innocence' would attract me!
As for the Television tickets I'm going to wait till Bristol Ticket Shop have them, they don't charge the ridiculous fees the big agencies like Ticketweb charge.
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  02:11:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Steve64, just read your posting about the Horses gig. I remember
a posting on the official Love messageboard from one of the more frequent contributors - possibly JohnE - who found that any unsold tickets for the disabled at the RFH were released for sale to able bodied prospective punters just before the start of gigs. If you want to see Patti 'n John sufficiently badly then try turning up at the RFH booking office on the night, queue and try your luck. Please don't curse me if you do and it does'nt work out, but I reckon that it could be worth a crack. Good luck if you do.
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
333 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  21:30:51  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
cheers for that MikeP...

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  21:34:46  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
He's right, I've seen those front row seats, usually reserved for the disabled, fill with punters in the last minute who have all queued for the remaining tickets. Course, I guess with a gig like Patti's 'Horses' one there'll be plenty of people after them and it's a long journey, for anyone who lives outside of London, to make on a maybe.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page