Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

2manyTA2sMS
First Love

5 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  16:45:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As many have stated; the music lives on so Arthur, like Syd and Grant McLennan (who passed this year) will also be there as long as one of us has the albums, or just the musical memory.

Am just so grateful that Arthur had the opportunity to reach so many with the FE tours: a constant delight for us and hopefully him too; after so many years of neglect. And Baby L were VITAL in this belated achievement; let NONE of us forget.

Would have been nice for the recent bitterness not to have surfaced but human nature is what it is and an artist's achievements so often come as a result of good/bad personality traits.

We posters currently have life but doubt we will ever have Arthur's immortality.
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  16:46:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lee's music will live on forever. One of the few musicians who created a genuine masterpiece during their career.

When I get home tonight, I'm gonna put on Forever Changes, and raise a glass to the man they call Arthur.

A truly wonderful artist. His gig I saw two years ago is probably the greatest gig I ever went to.
Go to Top of Page

rich45
First Love

1 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  17:00:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Listening to the guitar solo at the end of Live And Let Live as I type...absolute genius. What a legend. RIP Arthur.
Go to Top of Page

tmittelstadt
Third Love

63 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  17:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Such sad news. I thought Arthur would beat Luekemia, just like he's seemed to beat every other obstacle thrown his way.
I'm more choked up now then I've been when I've lost people that were related. His music means so much to me. I feel so lucky to have seen him perform twice in the last 5 years. The show at the Magic Stick was the greatest concert I've ever seen, and it will be the measuring stick that all other concerts are judged.
Go to Top of Page

Hummingbird
First Love

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  17:27:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am also in shock because I was really hoping that Arthur would recover from his illness. His music and words are very dear and near to my heart. Thank you Arthur for LOVE and the wonderful memories. You are a survivor in many ways. Your music and spirit will live on. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Victoria

"We're all normal when we want our Freedom"
Go to Top of Page

razortotinjim
Second Love

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  17:41:42  Show Profile  Visit razortotinjim's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There has been a weird chain of events occuring as of late. I began following them and it all lead to "5 String Serenade". I was affraid that was not the end message. I guess I was expecting this news. Glad I had the opportunity in my life the meet and shake "The Singer's" hand. I'll miss you Mr. Lee! Peace be with you!!!

this is the time in life that I am livin' and I'll face each day with a smile
http://db.etree.org/razortotinjim
Go to Top of Page

mydearboy
First Love

1 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  17:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just cant find the words, i am feeling so sad, i would just like to say thank you Arthur your music changed me forever. Find your peace.

Love
Darren. Wales.UK
Go to Top of Page

Eoin
First Love

Ireland
19 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  17:57:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RIP Arthur Lee. A true genius.

Go to Top of Page

Taipei Jim
First Love

Taiwan
2 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  18:18:48  Show Profile  Click to see Taipei Jim's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It is a sad loss. We are blessed we have the music he left us and the performances we saw. A true genius.

RIP Arthur.
Go to Top of Page

Bobinbed
Fourth Love

Sweden
106 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  18:27:12  Show Profile  Visit Bobinbed's Homepage  Send Bobinbed a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Such sad news. Bless him, wherever he is right now. See you in the next life Arthur.

- "What do you mean it's a literary high?"
- "It's a Kafka high. It makes you feel like a bug."
Go to Top of Page

kem31753
First Love

1 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  18:49:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my closet, I have everything Love recorded on vinyl. In a box, I have all of their music on cassettes. Now, on CD. I always regretted that Love never toured back in the '60's, and I had never seen them live. Until last year, I finally saw Arthur Lee and Love perform at Town Hall. He was captivating, and gave everything he had to give. The Zombies were actually headlining, but after Arthur & company tore the rafters down, my friends and I went down to the lobby bar. Lo and behold, Arthur came down and agreed to sign autographs and CDs. He even posed for pictures. All I could say to him was, "thank you for your music and for your art." He was a lion onstage. Off stage, he seemed so small and fragile. What more can anyone ask for in life than to have created something that has lasted through the ages, been remembered, to have known love, and die peacefully surrounded by family and friends? Arthur had all that and more. God rest his soul.
Go to Top of Page

ocfan
Fourth Love

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  19:01:46  Show Profile  Visit ocfan's Homepage  Click to see ocfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
God gave Arthur a special talent and I'm praying he brought him home to a place where there is no pain, only peace, and happiness.
I did not get to see the band in the 60's but I was fortunate to see him with Baby Lemonade and truly saw some of the best concerts I have ever seen.
Thank you Arthur for the gift you gave us and Godspeed.
Cheryl

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

Baron Ben Verstoten
First Love

3 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  19:21:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our father passed away three weeks ago and we were not as moved as we were when we received an e-mail today of a friend with the heading "a black day for all of us" announcing Arthur Lee's demise.
We never met the man personally (Bryan we did in 1983 in LA.)but we will keep playing the best album ever at least once a week for ever and ever (without changing)
Go to Top of Page

ocfan
Fourth Love

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  19:28:56  Show Profile  Visit ocfan's Homepage  Click to see ocfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Dear Johnny:
I know you and Judith and all those really close to Arthur must be in a world of pain right now. Prayers that God comforts you and I know you have been Arthur's friend for so many years through the good and the bad. You both gave so much of yourselves to help him in his time of need. Again, I was honored to get to see you perform with him and I truly hope God comforts you as you go through this difficult time.

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

Reynardine
First Love

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  19:31:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just read the news on the train home and I am feeling sad and cut up. At these times I am aware of my own mortality. I feel such a loss at the news and a double loss knowing that I never made the effort to go and see Love in their final flowering when I could have. In the 90's I never made the effort to see Fela, Franco, Joe Strummer or Johnny Cash either. Now their time has passed also along with Arthur's.

I still remember how I felt as a six year old child, when I first heard Alone Again Or on the radio in the 1960's. A magical song whose tune I kept in my mind for thirty years until I could find out who it was by and what it was called. I remember listening to Robyn's "Wreck of the Arthur Lee" in 1996 - and thinking foolishly that it was a song about a boat. I'm so glad I made a video of Arthur's TV performance on Jools Holland in December 2003. I may never have seen Arthur live, but I'll have recording to comfort me.

To those who don't know, their are some touching videos of Love and Arthur Lee on youtube.com, some old , some new.

Enjoy : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9qKjrwD7Pc

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page