Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Ifyoubelievein and Da Capo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kula John Posted - 25/07/2022 : 15:14:48
I've been listening to Bryan Maclean again recently and particularly, Ifyoubelievein.

I'm also currently reading John Einarson's biography of Arthur Lee and what struck me from the chapter on Da Capo is the mixed feelings toward the inclusion of 'Revelation' on side two. It also raised the points about Bryan feeling aggrieved that more of his songs were not included on those early Love albums.

I was just wondering, in a hypothetical world, which of Bryan's songs you think would have worked on a different looking Da Capo?

For me, I'd have loved to have heard these songs by Bryan given more production and also creative input from the other band members;

- Tired of Sitting
- Friday's Party
- People
- Claudia

----------------------
For the time that I've been given's such a little while and the things that I must do consist of more than style....
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Joe Morris Posted - 10/09/2022 : 04:07:17
Kathleens about his dead dog!
John9 Posted - 28/08/2022 : 12:44:28
Yes Kula John and Lemonadekid - Bryan did write some beautifully haunting songs back then ... and one can easily imagine another Da Capo in a parallel world. William Spevack's magnificently encyclopaedic Keep On Shining provides a highly detailed analysis of Revelation - as well as of some of the other possible candidates for inclusion.
lemonade kid Posted - 26/08/2022 : 16:28:45
I would add:

"Kathleen", "Candy's Waltz & "She Looks Good"

to your list to be included on Da Capo or even one or two on Forever Changes...
Kathleen is a heartbreaking song and not "all chocolate covered rainbows" as Johnny described Bryan's songs.

"Candy's Waltz" is every bit as musically great as "Old Man"

"Tired Of Sitting" and "People" have that sark vibe that would have gone well on Forever Changes.

But then Forever Changes is perfect as is and Arthur's vision made for ...a perfect album. So maybe just on Da Capo on all.

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. – GENE CLARK
Joe Morris Posted - 11/08/2022 : 22:56:58
Bryans Castle Waltz is on Candys Waltz, thats another tie between da capo and Bryan

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page