Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 Anything Else
 Rants growls bombast digressions schtick-Trumpisms

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 05/07/2016 : 19:39:13
Share your favorite Trumpisms, videos and rants by America's newest accidental comedian, clown & the GOPs all time embarrassment (and they have topped themselves for at least a decade or two with the world's most embarrassing politicians.

©2016 abovethelaw.com / pic from an piece by Kathryn Rubino

AMERICAN CHRONICLES JULY 11 & 18, 2016 ISSUE / © The New Yorker 2016
WHO ARE ALL THESE TRUMP SUPPORTERS?

At the candidateÕs rallies, a new understanding of America emerges.

By George Saunders

HE APPEARS

Trump is wearing the red baseball cap, or not. From this distance, he is strangely handsome, well proportioned, puts you in mind of a sea captain: Alan Hale from ÒGilliganÕs Island,Ó say, had Hale been slimmer, richer, more self-confident. We are afforded a side view of a head of silver-yellow hair and a hawklike orange-red face, the cheeks of which, if stared at steadily enough, will seem, through some optical illusion, to glow orange-redder at moments when the crowd is especially pleased. If youÕve ever, watching ÒThe Apprentice,Ó entertained fantasies of how you might fare in the boardroom (the Donald, recognizing your excellent qualities with his professional businessmanÕs acumen, does not fire you but, on the contrary, pulls you aside to assign you some important non-TV, real-world mission), you may, for a brief, embarrassing instant, as he scans the crowd, expect him to recognize you.

He is blessing us here in San Jose, California, with his celebrity, promising never to disappoint us, letting us in on the latest bit of inside-baseball campaign strategy: ÒLyinÕ TedÓ is no longer to be LyinÕ Ted; henceforth he will be just ÒTed.Ó Hillary, however, shall be ÒLyinÕ Crooked.Ó And, by the way, Hillary has to go to jail. The statute of limitations is five years, and if he gets elected in November, well . . . The crowd sends forth a coarse blood roar. ÒSheÕs guilty as hell,Ó he snarls.

He growls, rants, shouts, digresses, careens from shtick nugget to shtick nugget, rhapsodizes over past landslides, name-drops Ivanka, Melania, Mike Tyson, Newt Gingrich, Bobby Knight, Bill OÕReilly. His right shoulder thrusts out as he makes the pinched-finger mudra with downswinging arm. His trademark double-eye squint evokes that group of beanie-hatted street-tough Munchkin kids; you expect him to kick gruffly at an imaginary stone. In person, his autocratic streak is presentationally complicated by a Ralph Kramdenesque vulnerability. HeÕs a man who has just dropped a can opener into his wifeÕs freshly baked pie. HeÕs not about to start grovelling about it, and yet heÕs sorryÑbut, come on, it was an accident. HeÕs sorry, heÕs sorry, O.K., but do you expect him to say it? HeÕs a good guy. Anyway, he didnÕt do it.

Once, Jack Benny, whose character was known for frugality and selfishness, got a huge laugh by glancing down at the baseball he was supposed to be first-pitching, pocketing it, and walking off the field. Trump, similarly, knows how well we know him from TV. He is who he is. So sue me, O.K.? I probably shouldnÕt say this, but oopsÑjust did. (HillaryÕs attack ads? ÒSo false. Ah, some of them arenÕt that false, actually.Ó) ItÕs oddly riveting, watching someone take such pleasure in going so much farther out on thin ice than anyone else as famous would dare to go. His crowds are ever hopeful for the next thrilling rude swerve. ÒThere could be no politics which gave warmth to oneÕs body until the country had recovered its imagination, its pioneer lust for the unexpected and incalculable,Ó Norman Mailer wrote in 1960.

...continue reading this fine (long but sweet) and entertaining piece on The Donald...
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/11/george-saunders-goes-to-trump-rallies

©Jeff Dapo-NE Ohio Media Group 2016

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. Ð GENE CLARK
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
underture Posted - 11/07/2016 : 16:43:37
Let's see if Trump can top Wallace's VP selection of Curtis LeMay for complete inappropriateness for an election era. Maybe he'll pick George Zimmerman.

You set the scene

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page