Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Great article on Bob Pepper

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bluecap Posted - 13/03/2012 : 09:38:29
The FC art work is still the best ever produced IMHO

http://www.voicesofeastanglia.com/2012/02/art-of-pepper.html

the news today will be the movies of tomorrow
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
underture Posted - 14/03/2012 : 20:04:54
Didn't the original idea for the cover have Arthur frowning, or at least not smiling?

You Set The Scene
rocker Posted - 14/03/2012 : 13:53:26
And thanks bluecap for that review...that guy spent some time on trying to unravel FC, eh?....I don't know but I think the record is so important all the reviews should be put in one place if it hasn't.
rocker Posted - 14/03/2012 : 13:51:17
You might be reading too much into it - great great album, but what about those lyrics?

You know I'm not sure about anybody else but of all the records and music I have listened to in my life FC is only about a select few where the music and art endlessly go about in my mind. It's just so rich to explore. Man if I was a prof in college I'd have a course on FC......
Joe Morris Posted - 13/03/2012 : 19:24:18
You might be reading too much into it - great great album, but what about those lyrics?

"Oh the snot has caked against my pants..."

Ouch!

Must've been a groove seeing the cover artwork for Changes ("The third coming of Love") on a billboard in LA - must've sold in buckets there!
rocker Posted - 13/03/2012 : 13:31:11
Pepper's cover for FC looks great, doesn't it? All that bright color on an expanse of white just jumps out at the viewer...er..psychedelic. There's LOVE up in the corner but if you look at the guys man they look real real serious. What's the message? LOVE's serious? or "Love is soemthing to take serious" (maybe all that you need?) And is that Arthur with a "tear-well"?
FC..one of the greatest records ever made because it speaks to serious things. Life ain't no joke man.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page