Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 Crawling King Snake...David 'Honeyboy' Edwards

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 31/08/2011 : 20:17:23
David 'Honeyboy' Edwards, last living link to birth of the blues...passes away.

'Last Great Delta Bluesman' Dead at 96...one of many to cover John Lee Hooker's Crawling King Snake....note this compared to certain famous version by a one Jim Morrison

Though we can't really compare them....one is pure Delta Blues and the other...pure Morrison....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHfCtPHciyA

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]
(Newser) – The last survivor of the original Mississippi Delta bluesmen has died at the age of 96. David "Honeyboy" Edwards, whose sharecropper parents taught him the guitar as a child, played with all the genre's big names during his 80-year career, including "King of the Delta Blues" Robert Johnson, the New York Times reports. Edwards and Johnson traveled the country together in the '30s, performing on street corners and at picnics and dances. After decades on the road, he made his home in Chicago in the '50s and performed frequently in the city's clubs.

Edwards, who won a 2008 Grammy for traditional blues and a Grammy Lifetime Achievement award in 2010, performed more than 70 shows a year into his 90s and was still playing occasionally until earlier this year. "Blues ain't never going anywhere," he told the AP in 2008. "It can get slow, but it ain't going nowhere. You play a lowdown dirty shame slow and lonesome, my mama dead, my papa across the sea, I ain't dead but I'm just supposed to be blues. You can take that same blues, make it uptempo, a shuffle blues, that's what rock 'n' roll did with it. So blues ain't going nowhere. Ain't goin' nowhere."

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page