Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Arthur Lee/Love:New Land singles box-11/25/2022

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 16/09/2022 : 20:46:41
Love- Expressions Tell Everything

NEWLANDX002
November 25, 2022

Vinyl Boxset 8×7"

Love - Expressions Tell Everything. New Land.
$123.99

8 7” singles housed inside a lift-off spot-gloss lid box
Mastered from the original analog master tapes with 2 singles exclusive to this set
In depth 64-page booklet with track by track annotation from Johnny Echols and comprehensive notes from Andrew Sandoval
2 promotional postcards
Limited edition one-time pressing
Estimated release date: November 25, 2022
[#8203;IMG]

For the first time ever, Love’s original run of singles from 1966 to 1969 are collected and reissued together along with two exclusive 7”s. The first vinyl box set from one of the all time great psych-pop bands should thrill and enlighten fans in equal measure.

“The musicians known collectively as Love were a group of five uniquely talented individuals...and though the full story of this fascinating cast of characters has yet to be told, this boxset represents a small sample of the body of work produced by this group and has proven to be timeless.” - Johnny Echols

New Land were granted access to the original analog master tapes courtesy of Rhino / Warner and all tracks were remastered especially for these singles by Grammy nominated mastering engineer Bill Inglot. Presented inside a deluxe box with spot-on gloss finish, the eight 7” singles, each featuring unique and original picture sleeves with ‘Elektra-style’ New Land labels. The two bonus singles include the previously only released promotionally ‘Que Vida’ / ‘Hey Joe’ and the newly created ‘Always See Your Face’ / ‘August’ single.

At the centre of this set is a 62-page booklet featuring track-by-track annotation by original guitarist Johnny Echols and in-depth liner notes from Grammy Award nominated writer Andrew Sandoval. For this package we have unearthed never-before-seen photographs of the band and included rare posters, singles, original master tapes and more. Every set also comes with a set of two promotional postcards.

Licensed with the blessing of Elektra Records founder and the man who signed Love, Jac Holzman, this is the first time a release has been put together which focuses on the bands incredible run of singles through the 1960s.

A must have for any fan, this is the ultimate collectors item. The music inside shines brighter than ever.

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. – GENE CLARK
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kula John Posted - 12/03/2023 : 12:52:12
quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

Did you get it, Kula John?

quote:
Originally posted by Kula John

This looks pretty cool. May have to order it!

----------------------
For the time that I've been given's such a little while and the things that I must do consist of more than style....

Not yet! I bought a Libertines Vinyl box set which set me back a little, so perhaps this summer I'll get this one.

----------------------
For the time that I've been given's such a little while and the things that I must do consist of more than style....
lemonade kid Posted - 10/03/2023 : 15:10:34
Did you get it, Kula John?

quote:

----------------------

lemonade kid Posted - 10/03/2023 : 15:07:11
Yep. After getting my vinyl NM first pressing for around $40 in the early 2000's, I started seeing it going for $100 at local record shops.

A treasure to hold on to.

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

I remember the red

of course hearing an album described as "indescribably essential" made me want to pick up the album straight off

Joe Morris Posted - 09/02/2023 : 23:14:27
I remember the red

of course hearing an album described as "indescribably essential" made me want to pick up the album straight off

Joe Morris Posted - 09/02/2023 : 23:12:57
I had that too, in the 80s
lemonade kid Posted - 29/09/2022 : 17:29:40
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

I assume that Forever Changes has never been out of print,

I believe you are right. Great that Elektra(Asylum/Warner) always kept one of the greatest album releases forever available for new fans over the decades.

At one time I had this 1980's label of Forever Change vinyl (pictured below)... but traded it and just kept my first pressing. I know many here have the 'Butterfly" label. I have a few signed CD variations...and the 50th box of course!

Joe Morris Posted - 29/09/2022 : 01:22:24
Always see your face mustve been deleted

I thought it might have been the single from Love Revisited but that was Alone Again Or (1970?)

Those compilations

(Best of Love on Rhino, Love revisited on Elektra, Studio/Live (MCA - edited Doggone/Love is more than words rendering the tracks listenable - Doggones a terrific song at 2 minutes!

really kept Loves name alive.

I assume that Forever Changes has never been out of print,
lemonade kid Posted - 26/09/2022 : 17:12:34
quote:
Originally posted by John9

Thanks to you all for this - it looks wonderful - a little bit of magic. I didn't know that Always See Your Face had been a single. In the UK, Elektra also released I'm With You / Robert Montgomery - but that was very early in 1970 and was probably to tie in with the later band's tour here.

Yes...it does look magical.

John9 Posted - 23/09/2022 : 21:38:35

Thanks to you all for this - it looks wonderful - a little bit of magic. I didn't know that Always See Your Face had been a single. In the UK, Elektra also released I'm With You / Robert Montgomery - but that was very early in 1970 and was probably to tie in with the later band's tour here.
boombox Posted - 20/09/2022 : 21:17:45
quote:

----------------------

Too expensive for me!
Kula John Posted - 19/09/2022 : 15:23:29

----------------------
lemonade kid Posted - 16/09/2022 : 20:49:53

lemonade kid Posted - 16/09/2022 : 20:48:26
Not really a must have if you have everything so far but a really cool completist box for sure

lemonade kid Posted - 16/09/2022 : 20:47:42
Video promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOVQ_9lJlo

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page