Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 UK Tour

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kula John Posted - 10/05/2022 : 11:12:18
Not too long now until we see the guys back here in the UK.

How many people will be going, and to which gigs?

I have tickets for Bristol and the three nights in London. Can't wait.

----------------------
For the time that I've been given's such a little while and the things that I must do consist of more than style....
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boombox Posted - 20/09/2022 : 21:16:42
They did a mixture of sets - some with complete Love, some with complete Da Capo, some with a mixture, but all shows featured Forever Changes complete, sometimes with guests. The only show I could do was a mixed one, but then Rusty's voice was shot, so our set 2 was really short. They certainly played The Castle in London: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/johnny-echols/2022/the-garage-london-england-3b5599b.html
Joe Morris Posted - 10/09/2022 : 04:20:32
Gazing is an interesting live choice from the first album. I can understand why it was left off Love Story as its not the cream from th 1st love album Did they do The Castle live? Cos the guitar work on that mustve been fraught with interest!

I believe they did do side 1 of da capo. I understand Revelatinlwas truncated, which is understandable: its Loves worst song

nb Revelation was on side 1 of da capo on cassette
Kula John Posted - 18/07/2022 : 12:02:59
Oh, wow, 2018! I hadn't realised. Yeah the new building looked pretty smart. That 2005 gig there was always very special for me. I remember having to dash out just as the guys finished the encore in time to make my train back to Devon!

Thanks for sharing that video. Rusty's voice sounded really strong at the Garage.

----------------------
For the time that I've been given's such a little while and the things that I must do consist of more than style....
steve64 Posted - 17/07/2022 : 10:44:21
quote:
Originally posted by Kula John

quote:
Originally posted by boombox

quote:

Great videos! Thanks very much for recording and sharing these, Boombox.

I see Mike Randle hinted in a Facebook post that the guys would be back to make up for the two lost nights in London. Let's hope we seem them here again in the coming years, they were fantastic on this tour.

----------------------

Yes, l saw that.Funny how we love them as much if not more, than the US does. They, in turn, do seem to feed off the audiences here. I treasure these recent tours, especially as Johnny isn't getting any younger and eventually will have to call it a day. This was why I was determined to video it all this time, especially as the guys allow it and both my two previous videoing events failed. Twice I took along a tripod to do a proper job but the first time the local promoter shut me down at Frome (Rusty and Dave C were not impressed) and then in 2019, I videoed from the balcony in Cardiff, but it is so old and rickety, the focus messed up with the vibrations and it was unusable though I did get a very nice audio recording.

That Frome gig was great, I had such a good view and got to meet and chat with the guys after.

I noticed while I was in Bristol for the Fleece gig on this tour that the Bierkeller has shut down permanently. I had a quick stroll past in the afternoon as the Bierkeller was the first and only time I saw Arthur perform live back in 2005. I wasn't surprised to see it not there anymore as I imagine they must have struggled through Covid, but it did pull on my heartstrings a little as that venue held such wonderful memories for me from that night in 2005.

----------------------

Bristol Bierkeller shut down in 2018, before Covid, it is now a Student Campus, went to many gigs there over the years including the Love gig in 2005 with both Arthur and Johnny playing

'If You Have Ghosts' 'Then You Have Everything'
steve64 Posted - 17/07/2022 : 10:36:44
First 2 nights at Oslo were cancelled but went for a Pint at Oslo on the Friday, gig at The Garage on the saturday was amazing,hope they will be back next year The Good Humor Man at The Garage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyfiOeSTU6o

'If You Have Ghosts' 'Then You Have Everything'
lemonade kid Posted - 16/07/2022 : 21:57:17
quote:

Yes, l saw that.Funny how we love them as much if not more, than the US does. They, in turn, do seem to feed off the audiences here. I treasure these recent tours, especially as Johnny isn't getting any younger and eventually will have to call it a day. This was why I was determined to video it all this time, especially as the guys allow it and both my two previous videoing events failed. Twice I took along a tripod to do a proper job but the first time the local promoter shut me down at Frome (Rusty and Dave C were not impressed) and then in 2019, I videoed from the balcony in Cardiff, but it is so old and rickety, the focus messed up with the vibrations and it was unusable though I did get a very nice audio recording.

Sadly that seems to often be the case...that our own beloved American artists like LoVE have been forgotten or never even really fully appreciated at all in the USA, while in England they are revered and loved, even 50+ years on!

Good to know that Love Revisted is getting the reception they deserve in the UK!

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. – GENE CLARK
Kula John Posted - 16/07/2022 : 11:56:47
quote:

quote:

I see Mike Randle hinted in a Facebook post that the guys would be back to make up for the two lost nights in London. Let's hope we seem them here again in the coming years, they were fantastic on this tour.

----------------------

That Frome gig was great, I had such a good view and got to meet and chat with the guys after.

I noticed while I was in Bristol for the Fleece gig on this tour that the Bierkeller has shut down permanently. I had a quick stroll past in the afternoon as the Bierkeller was the first and only time I saw Arthur perform live back in 2005. I wasn't surprised to see it not there anymore as I imagine they must have struggled through Covid, but it did pull on my heartstrings a little as that venue held such wonderful memories for me from that night in 2005.

----------------------
lemonade kid Posted - 14/07/2022 : 22:46:57
You have given us a treasure of Love to see and here...here!!
quote:

quote:

----------------------

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. – GENE CLARK
boombox Posted - 14/07/2022 : 11:34:34
quote:

----------------------

Kula John Posted - 13/07/2022 : 21:48:41

----------------------
boombox Posted - 11/07/2022 : 22:06:20
OK, so I have put up four now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc99tQuuBxI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYdXSI4D7Qs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IwbKxzNqBY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxXmkoD-qMQ

Funnily enough, I can see myself filming in one of Jane's videos.
Kula John Posted - 11/07/2022 : 18:27:42
Welcome back Boombox!

Looking forward to seeing more of your Bristol videos.

Kula Shaker were excellent at the Ally Pally and their new songs sounded really good. I'm tentatively declaring here that this new album may be their best since PPA. They seemed to just be really enjoying their music and having a great time, so hopefully a bigger tour won't be too far off.

----------------------
boombox Posted - 11/07/2022 : 16:48:35
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Hobbs

It's Gazing from the first album.

Doh! Of course it is!!! I knew I knew it, but couldn't place it. I haven't played the first album in years. I tend to play the Rhino compilation 'Love Story', which doesn't include it, or live recordings. Thanks, Phil.
Phil Hobbs Posted - 11/07/2022 : 11:48:06
It's Gazing from the first album.
tedhead Posted - 11/07/2022 : 02:29:15
quote:

I've uploaded an unlisted video here: https://youtu.be/ZxXmkoD-qMQ

Any ideas?? It's got a monetization claim on it, so I will probably kick myself when someone finds the title!!

thanks for this!

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page