Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Stuart's Love bio-new edition w/ tons new pix

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 11/09/2021 : 20:45:13
Just a heads up for those who haven't gotten it yet, or even those who have previous print editions/revisions of Michael's "Pegasus..." Love biography.

His latest newly revised book, "Pegasus Epitaph" just out this year is chocked full of new photos, throughout the entire book. Previous print editions have very few if any photos. This makes the latest paperback printing a must have and infuses so much more enjoyment into the reading experience.

My only very minor gripe is that the publisher chose to go cheap on the paper stock...it is a low quality newspaper kind of stock that is rather disappointing. But as I say, very very minor to the overall excitement with its publication! Still reads at just over 200 pages..short but full of so much LoVE!!

But then the book costs less than the Einarson's Forever Changes Love high quality print bio cost, so this is a plus actually!

Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and the publisher themselves. In stores only in the UK I believe. Michael sent me a signed copy so I'm good!

Publisher info here:
https://totalrock.com/pegasus-epitaphthe-story-of-the-legendary-rock-group-love-book-by-michael-stuart-ware/

Review:
https://pennyblackmusic.co.uk/Home/Details?id=26790

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. – GENE CLARK
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lemonade kid Posted - 02/11/2021 : 15:22:38
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

Wish he hadnt edited out the earlier books words about Bryans songwriting.. timeless he called it. Specifically the lyrics to Softly To Me

Surprised his favorite Love album is Love; he doesn't even play on it!

That's probably why...Michael can't stand to listen to his playing on either LP he was on...like most artists, he just hears (or sees) what he wishes he would have done differently, or he hears recording or mixing issues. Michael always expresses to me what a great honor it was to be a member of Love.

He liked the raw rock-ness of the Love debut and it is what he loved about them the most.

Joe Morris Posted - 01/11/2021 : 00:38:46
Wish he hadnt edited out the earlier books words about Bryans songwriting.. timeless he called it. Specifically the lyrics to Softly To Me

surprised his favorite Love album is Love; he doesnt even play on it!
lemonade kid Posted - 15/09/2021 : 17:33:24
quote:
Originally posted by John9

I can definitely endorse LK's recommendation - it's a fascinating memoir. From Einarson we get history and analysis. - but Michael treats us to a myriad of compelling inside stories. This latest edition seems to have been published here in the UK.....where of course Love had two hit albums in Forever Changes and Out Here. Amazon UK still have it for sail at a discount. If I had a time machine, I would set the controls for Sunset Strip 1965....this wonderful book is the next best thing!

I'll definitely write more when I have a little more time.......in the meantime, LK.....all the best and cheers.

Thanks, J9. I especially love the touching tribute & prologue that Michael gives his father, Zen master who headed a temple in LA. Must have been quite a man.

Michael has Zen quality about him too...

I am reading the newly revised book edition too and enjoying it more than ever...a timeless read.

John9 Posted - 13/09/2021 : 21:28:25
I can definitely endorse LK's recommendation - it's a fascinating memoir. From Einarson we get history and analysis. - but Michael treats us to a myriad of compelling inside stories. This latest edition seems to have been published here in the UK.....where of course Love had two hit albums in Forever Changes and Out Here. Amazon UK still have it for sail at a discount. If I had a time machine, I would set the controls for Sunset Strip 1965....this wonderful book is the next best thing!

I'll definitely write more when I have a little more time.......in the meantime, LK.....all the best and cheers.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page