Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Always See You Face in another film-nice

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 21/01/2020 : 12:51:28
This time it gets a full airing in the 2017 film "Lady Bird" with Saoirse Ronan...right near the end of the film.

Great to see a film to feature of one of Arthur's greatest post-Forever Changes tunes. This is starting to get some real airtime...maybe it will bring back Arthur & LoVE the way the VW commercial did for Nick Drake.

A total surprise...lovin' it.

Can't find a full clip but here are some stills:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wik1STzHhM4

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. – GENE CLARK
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lemonade kid Posted - 22/11/2020 : 19:29:18
I like About A Boy a lot...film and artist.

I'll never watch the Trilogy films or The Hobbit film trio. Too many arbitrary plot changes, twisting of characters' character, and deleted and important scenes (like The Old Forest/House of Tom Bombadil...two of the most important chapters in the Ring)...never mind deleting the most of whole sequence of the hobbits' trek to Buckland, no Farmer Maggot, no Old Forest, no Bombadil (my favorite parts). I gave part one a chance..done and done.

Believe me I tried to watch the Ring films but it was just not gonna happen.

Joe Morris Posted - 21/11/2020 : 20:45:26
they were trying to get I'm So Tired for the last scene, but had to make do with Stevie Wonder

I don't know man - you don't like Fellowship of the Ring (one of THE best films of the last 20 years, with a superb script from what is an unfilmable book (half of Fellowship of the Ring is just talking! cf The Council of Elrond, Shadow of the Past, Conspiracy Unmaked, Strider)

theres also a new tv series of High Fidelity. Blondie cameos

This I havent seen - but try to get the original UK printing of High Fidelity, as it has a lot of cool British slang (whats an off license?)

I don't know why they do that with Hornbys books

Robyn Hitchcock just scored his most recent film (Juliet Naked) which is about a recluse rock musician. And at the end he records a new album AND ALL HIS FANS ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!

great stuff

check it out Scott. About a Boy is also wonderful (although Badly Drawn Boy does the soundtrack and not Robyn on that!
lemonade kid Posted - 16/11/2020 : 19:38:26
Well, I've only seen it once or twice so maybe a second chance...or third will do.
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

wow. One of the best films of all time as good as Casablanca or Double Imdemnity (I like Kane but its not even Orson Welles best film). And one with a lot of talking! Think 12 Angry Men set in a record shop!

The Hornby book is a bible, up there with the Silmarillion and Brothers Karamazov for me. And, okay, Gatsby!

the new tv series of High Fidelity has Blondie, you can't ask for more

Joe Morris Posted - 14/11/2020 : 17:46:34
wow. One of the best films of all time as good as Casablanca or Double Imdemnity (I like Kane but its not even Orson Welles best film). And one with a lot of talking! Think 12 Angry Men set in a record shop!

The Hornby book is a bible, up there with the Silmarillion and Brothers Karamazov for me. And, okay, Gatsby!

the new tv series of High Fidelity has Blondie, you can't ask for more
lemonade kid Posted - 08/11/2020 : 14:03:12
Watched High Fidelity..loved the Love bit.

Not so impressed with the rest. Pretty much a film about self absorbed, selfish and annoying people. Is there anyone here that we are supposed to like? I love Cusack but not here...really not funny at all, but maybe it is the world as it exists today that makes much of what is presented here, rather offensive to say the least.

Joe Morris Posted - 07/11/2020 : 15:11:55
the UK book of the Hornby is superb

the US takes out a little of the English slang, which sucks
lemonade kid Posted - 06/11/2020 : 19:32:59
No. Thanks

Just watching the film with John Cusack and Jack Black --tonight -- haven't watched it in years.
quote:

do you need the Hi Fidelity book?

Joe Morris Posted - 06/11/2020 : 14:21:15
do you need the Hi Fidelity book?
lemonade kid Posted - 03/11/2020 : 19:13:55
quote:
Originally posted by John9

I think that it is also in High Fidelity - along with My Little Red Book. Always See Your Face is one of Arthur's very best from his autumnal period of 1969-70 - such fine musicianship.

Great. Looking forward to watching that tonight or tomorrow. John Cusack is a favorite.

Joe Morris Posted - 09/10/2020 : 16:38:13
was there a 45 of Alone again or with the recent 5 disc box set?

is the single mix of House Not Motel a dfferent mix? I remember that had a different ending on the Love Elektra Masters album
lemonade kid Posted - 10/02/2020 : 14:12:32
And a bit off topic, LeeRob and friends...

It looks like for the foreseeable future, that Michael's new print edition (with new pix) is off. The publisher went under. Too bad.

But please check out his Amazon Kindle/eBook offering his latest edition...
Pegasus Continuum.

It has some nice photos that never appeared in the print editions, and we designed a new cover together.

LeeRob Posted - 10/02/2020 : 06:31:44
I love Michael, we used to share emails years ago. I hope to have that new set of Forever Changes. I think I'll pick it up tonight.

It's all the same day.
lemonade kid Posted - 09/02/2020 : 13:19:31
quote:
Originally posted by LeeRob

I hope I can hook up here to express my appreciation for the great musical product that all members of LOVE have given to us. I have sat myself down tonight, cellabrating a five year bout with neuroendocrine pancreatic cancer, (there, I hate that elephant,) anyway I sat down and put on Da Capo. I followed it up with Forever Changes, and meditated on the title as I got swept up into Arthur's ribbons of wordsl. Soon lyrics turned into guitars and drums and horns and keyboards and on and on. I love the band - and Lemonade also, as I was lucky enough to hear them at the Whiskey a-g0-go, during the gathering for Arthur. That was a great time. Ha.

It's all the same day.

Hey, LeeRob. So good to hear from you. Five years! Keep battling on. Something to celebrate about! May you celebrate many more.

I myself just paid homage to Forever Changes and all its glory with a serious listen, yesterday. The final word in pressings (the 50th anniversary 5cd/dvd/vinyl 12 x 12) finally sounds like it was meant to be heard...although I don't have the 45rpm 2 disc set. Michael's drumming and Kenny's basslines are finally upfront where they should be.

Hearing Michael's stellar drumming on "A House Is Not A Motel" and "Maybe The People Would Be The Times Or..." really rocks and reveals why he was so sought after by Arthur and many other artists to anchor their rhythm section.

All my best to you, LeeRob, and my thoughts and prayers are with you.
LK

Please keep in touch here whenever you can. Always good to hear from you -- I missed your posts!

And check out a new round of Michael's memories shared with me...and who kindly said, "Sure, man, share 'em with your friends".

http://love.torbenskott.dk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6142

LeeRob Posted - 07/02/2020 : 03:23:17
I hope I can hook up here to express my appreciation for the great musical product that all members of LOVE have given to us. I have sat myself down tonight, cellabrating a five year bout with neuroendocrine pancreatic cancer, (there, I hate that elephant,) anyway I sat down and put on Da Capo. I followed it up with Forever Changes, and meditated on the title as I got swept up into Arthur's ribbons of wordsl. Soon lyrics turned into guitars and drums and horns and keyboards and on and on. I love the band - and Lemonade also, as I was lucky enough to hear them at the Whiskey a-g0-go, during the gathering for Arthur. That was a great time. Ha.

It's all the same day.
lemonade kid Posted - 03/02/2020 : 20:51:44
quote:

I think Love is on the High Fidelity soundtrack (Always see your face)

LOT of good tunes on the High Fidelity soundtrack that isnt on the cd

that Lady film - is there a songbook for it? never saw sheet music for Always see your face. Terrific closer for Four Sail

Yes. Excellent

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page