Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Do You Still Play Love a Lot?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DaveyTee Posted - 03/03/2018 : 10:40:06
However good Love were, it's now 50 years since Forever Changes was released and there's been an awful lot of good music by other artists since then. So however much people admire Love, I was wondering how much you actually play them now? Personally I'm no great fan of the post-Maclean era, and weeks can now pass without me playing a single Love song and when i do it tends to be from a "Favourites" compilation I've made. It's not that I don't like them any more - it's just that there's so much good stuff been produced by others in the last 50 years that Love (and other 60s greats) can be pushed into the background.

DT

Scottish and European, not British.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stewart Posted - 27/03/2018 : 23:09:28
Have a good selection of Love and Arthur on my phone, so a regular listener to individual tracks via shuffle, haven't got the attention span anymore to listen to a whole album unless it's a new one. Sadly only other music I play these days is through laptop
lemonade kid Posted - 03/03/2018 : 13:31:32
I play newer material in the car: lately Sun Kil Moon, Pugwash, Ellis Paul, Rod Picott, Slaid Cleaves, Matt Anderson, Skipinnish, The Proclaimers, Ryley Walker, Sarah Jarosz, Wilco, Oren Lavie, Ludovico Einaudi...but a lot of old stuff too.

At home I play in equal rotation most of my classic vinyl (not much new, except Sparks newest lately): the old...Beatles, Stones, The Youngbloods, Oscar Peterson, Spirit, Tim Buckley, Badfinger, Fever Tree, Joni Mitchell, Bach, David Blue, CCR, Beethoven, CSN&Y, & LoVE...and most of my 800+ vinyl collection.

....and when I get my pre-ordered Forever Changes 50th Anniversary Box on April 6th, Love will be on constant rotation once again, in car & on turntable for a while, I'm thinkin'!!

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. Ð GENE CLARK

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page