Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Arthur Lee and Syd Barrett (and Peter Sinfield)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tedhead Posted - 09/11/2017 : 08:47:22
I have a question that I've been dying to ask since I first read about it in the Arthur Lee/Love biography Forever Changes: did any of the members meet with the Syd Barrett led Pink Floyd back in 1967? I know they toured that autumn in California, 50 years ago this month, when the album Forever Changes was released!

But someone asked Arthur in the book about Syd back in the early 2000s, and Arthur asked "whatever happened to that guy(Syd)?"

I know the band were a major influence on Syd: Interstellar Overdrive from My Little Red Book and Astronomy Domine from Stephanie Knows. Did their paths ever cross?

Oh by the way, I also read an interview with King Crimson's original lyricist and co-producer Peter Sinfield, and he noted Love's and Forever Changes' influence on him and the British sixties music scene as well as applauding their resurgence in popularity during the early 2000's.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DaveyTee Posted - 12/12/2017 : 17:57:49
I saw them in concert at Durham on 28th October 1967, which was the last concert/dance they performed before departing for the USA. (In fact, it had initially been planned that they would have been in San Francisco that night as the US tour had initially been scheduled to start on 23rd October). As I remember they were fine that night although my own state of consciousness might well have been affected by alcoholic substances and I suspect that I was every bit as interested in the girls that were present as in the band. No lengthy numbers in those days (although they may have played Interstellar Overdrive) and they all appear to have been danceable - I've always believed that they did 19 songs and I danced with 21 girls (a record, which is why I remember it). Of course, the passage of time may mean that that was just wishful thinking...

DT -

Scottish and European, not British.
Joe Morris Posted - 08/12/2017 : 18:46:56
Syd wasn't in a state to meet with anyone at the time of the ill fated tour on the west coast. It was a complete and utter shambles, although I think they did play a show in New York before fleeing in horror at Syds condition

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page