Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Gethsemane

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
otiselevator Posted - 24/08/2017 : 17:52:45
I'm aware this topic has been covered before but I don't recall a firm conclusion. I've read in the past that Johnny is working on his own material which originated at the time of FC but nothing ever seems to have come of it. I recently exchanged emails with Bruno Ceriotti, author of the excellent "Love Day by Day". He agreed with my suggestion Johnny is "just teasing" over Gethsemane.
Does anyone know any different?
BTW I hope the login error can be sorted. It's easy to bypass but I'm guessing not many will make the effort.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lemonade kid Posted - 23/02/2018 : 14:13:52
quote:
Originally posted by ZFarrar

I just got a copy of the album, Buddy Holly also
played on it with Brian Jones. Seriously, I hope
Johnny puts something out, seems like a good guy.
Let's fill this board again, with chatter. : )

Yes...PLEASE!

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. Ð GENE CLARK
ZFarrar Posted - 11/02/2018 : 21:17:01

I just got a copy of the album, Buddy Holly also
played on it with Brian Jones. Seriously, I hope
Johnny puts something out, seems like a good guy.
Let's fill this board again, with chatter. : )
Joe Morris Posted - 16/09/2017 : 19:42:14
I wonder if he ever did get Angel to help out - I don't think David still lives in the States

then again other bands (like the Church) have members living in different countries

also, I don't see it as a Love album without Arthur being on it - perhaps they can use his voice from an old recording

Doubt if Elektra has very much unheard of Love - like any old demos cut at Sunset Sound though..
otiselevator Posted - 10/09/2017 : 16:00:36
Thanks to Lemonade Kid and Joe Morris for your replies. Perhaps someone who's close to Johnny could ask for a sneak listen to a few of the tracks allegedly being worked on? There could be plenty to write about.....or the mystery might be resolved once and for all. On reflection maybe that's not such a good idea.........
lemonade kid Posted - 08/09/2017 : 13:53:06
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

according to Echols, Forever Changes was originally gonna be a double album (yeah, I don't see it happening either - a double album on Elektra?)

so I guess that was gonna be Gethesemene?

or the material that Bryan and Arthur and Johnny wrote for it that wasn't used on the single album?

Echols has been talking about Gethsemene for years, doing work with David Angel (main arranger on Old Man, Alone again or, etc)

I just don't see it happening? Would there be interest in a follow up album to Forever Changes by Baby Lemonade and Johnny Echols with no input by Arthur?

maybe if one of Bryans demos (Barber John? Tired of Sitting?) was worked on with the band?

I think if Echols puts out Gethsemene it won't be for another 10 years? first I read of it was in an interview with Johnny in The Castle

In the Castle...that is a long time ago!

Joe Morris Posted - 06/09/2017 : 19:42:40
according to Echols, Forever Changes was originally gonna be a double album (yeah, I don't see it happening either - a double album on Elektra?)

so I guess that was gonna be Gethesemene?

or the material that Bryan and Arthur and Johnny wrote for it that wasn't used on the single album?

Echols has been talking about Gethsemene for years, doing work with David Angel (main arranger on Old Man, Alone again or, etc)

I just don't see it happening? Would there be interest in a follow up album to Forever Changes by Baby Lemonade and Johnny Echols with no input by Arthur?

maybe if one of Bryans demos (Barber John? Tired of Sitting?) was worked on with the band?

I think if Echols puts out Gethsemene it won't be for another 10 years? first I read of it was in an interview with Johnny in The Castle
lemonade kid Posted - 30/08/2017 : 07:23:06
quote:
Originally posted by otiselevator

I'm aware this topic has been covered before but I don't recall a firm conclusion. I've read in the past that Johnny is working on his own material which originated at the time of FC but nothing ever seems to have come of it. I recently exchanged emails with Bruno Ceriotti, author of the excellent "Love Day by Day". He agreed with my suggestion Johnny is "just teasing" over Gethsemane.
Does anyone know any different?
BTW I hope the login error can be sorted. It's easy to bypass but I'm guessing not many will make the effort.

Glad you made the effort, otiselevator!

It has been ongoing it seems. Johnny even speaks of it at live shows with Baby Lem and plays material from the Gethsemane "album". Johnny did email me once that he was in the process. And Michael has said it is being recorded, though Michael likely won't be on the drum kit.

Still...it does take a lot of faith to believe it really will see the light of day as an actual release! It does seem like a tease indeed!

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page