Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 Sealed "Introducing The Beatles"-$125,000!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 08/02/2012 : 19:56:25
Now I've seen everything!!...of course the fact it is STEREO makes it impossibly rare to start (the last VG+ I saw went for $28,000)...but SEALED?!

The Beatles ' introducing The Beatles " LP Sealed

US $125,000.00

...not the real thing for auction-can't grab it from ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beatles-introducing-Beatles-LP-Sealed-/330524746292?_trksid=p4340.m1374&_trkparms=algo%3DPI.WATCH%26its%3DC%252BS%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D15%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6189161194555234757

First USA Stereo Release on VEE-JAY Records Label VJLP 1062, Factory Sealed.

The Beatles

Introducing The Beatles

Englands No. 1 Vocal Group

With Original Store Label Alexander's 1.99 Records #82

The Winning Bidder Must Contact Me Personally to Arrange Meeting and Inspect The Record Personally before paying for it.

I will not accept PayPal for this Transaction.

The Winning Bidder More Than Welcome to Have a Professional Appraisal verify Authentecy of this Record.

Please Do Not Contact Me With Emails, with your advices and recommendations, unless you are a serious buyer.

I been getting a lot's of Email from some curious buyers, and would like to make few thing clear:

1. You can inspect the record prior bidding personally at any time.

2. Only one copy with Original Alexander's Store Label Exist.

3. Please stop sending me Email telling me what it worth, you never seen the record in person.

Thank You all for interest in this record, it will remain at the same price until sold.

Below is detail about this album from Wikipedia :

When the "Please Please Me" single was issued in the United States, Vee-Jay Records signed a licensing agreement with Transglobal, an EMI affiliate that worked to place foreign masters with US record labels, giving it the right of first refusal on Beatles records for five years.[2] As part of that agreement, Vee-Jay planned to release the Please Please Me album in the US, and received copies of the mono and stereo master tapes in late April or early May 1963.[3]

Originally, Vee-Jay considered releasing Please Please Me as it appeared in Britain. A surviving acetate made by Universal Recording Corporation of Chicago, probably in May 1963, contains all 14 songs in the same order as on the UK album, with the title still listed as Please Please Me.[4] But in keeping with the American norm of a 12-song album, Vee-Jay chose instead to delete "Please Please Me" and "Ask Me Why" and change the album's title to Introducing... The Beatles.[5] Also, the engineer at Universal in Chicago thought that Paul McCartney's count-in at the start of "I Saw Her Standing There" was extraneous rather than intentionally placed there, so he snipped the "one, two, three" from Vee-Jay's mono and stereo masters.

I have this one in mono, and NOT sealed but it's cool to have anyway! I'll save my $125'000....

We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers & discoverers-
-thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses.
Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams.

-Peter S. Beagle 1973
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lemonade kid Posted - 09/02/2012 : 22:06:00
A rare Freewheelin' went for $28,000 ten years ago. And the rare track listing of Airplane's TAKES-OFF went for $8000. I have the rare alternate pressing of the Stones HOT ROCKS (with the alternate mixes of Wild Horses and Brown Sugar--pressed for one day before it was caught)...it goes for around $1000...I paid $10.

There are collectors out there with money to throw away....he just needs to find the right fit. A rarity or masterpiece of art is only worth what someone is willig to pay for it...NOT what someone wants for it!!

-Peter S. Beagle 1973
Joe Morris Posted - 09/02/2012 : 20:49:09
the most I saw something sell for on eBay that I had an interest was an old Atari game called Air Raid that went for $30,000:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxg1h4uKndg

(final moments of Air Raid)

I'm sure that rare Dylan albums (like the one that starts "Are we rolling Bob" and mixed up confusion Freewheelin
stuff turns up on eBay, but I think that what that guy is wanting to sell the album might be a little much

He does have good feedback but who can afford to pay that much for an album

Recently signed/owned Syd Barrett items have been getting 3000 when they turn up on the site, but that much for a Beatles album? and its not even a butcher album?!

I WOULD put a butcher album up on the site, but it would have to be certified/graded/signed or what have you. Also, video added to the auction would be a necessity where grading is at issue
lemonade kid Posted - 09/02/2012 : 20:35:29
If it is really REAL, it is truly one-of-a-kind. I've never heard of a STEREO in the unopened shrink....EVER!

But I can't see ebay as the proper venue to auction this off. He needs a large auction house with world wide connections. I don't think the millionaires that might be in the market are checking ebay for the likes of this.

-Peter S. Beagle 1973
Joe Morris Posted - 09/02/2012 : 17:00:17
I'm getting it!

(The guy has declined something like 50 offers on the item..)
rocker Posted - 09/02/2012 : 14:13:34
heh heh for 125k I'd like to have the record and record cover subject to x-rays, lasers whatever!..if this is a DaVinci type record subject it to DaVinci type analysis....
lemonade kid Posted - 09/02/2012 : 01:05:18
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

might be a bit too much value wise for Paypal to cover!

or eBay protection, for that matter

Do they let you go look at the album before auction ends - I'm assuming they're gonna cover the shipping if you use Buy It Now!!

The seller is in New Jersey like me - wonder if they'll let me come lok at it before I bid on it!

"No Paypal accepted" You can look at it in-person, pre-sale, after you pass a security check, I assume!!

I also assume it will be--cashier's check only. And he says ok to inspection in PERSON before final sale (to have it authenticated), once you've won it, and he will not ship it. You must pick it up yourself.

Well, you're close enough, Joe!

-Peter S. Beagle 1973
Joe Morris Posted - 09/02/2012 : 00:44:14
might be a bit too much value wise for Paypal to cover!

or eBay protection, for that matter

Do they let you go look at the album before auction ends - I'm assuming they're gonna cover the shipping if you use Buy It Now!!

The seller is in New Jersey like me - wonder if they'll let me come lok at it before I bid on it!

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page