Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 Anything Else
 Jets get TEEBOWIED!?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 19/12/2011 : 18:30:32
That would put him against my favorites.....Montana, Young & Elway.

Tebow played a great game against the Pats, but...Tebow is a kid. An annoying kid, with his taking a knee antics--leave it at home kid.

But many would agree..Tom Brady IS the best quarterback of all time. For sheer tenacity...one short pass after another...breaking the defense down, one play at a time.

I loved the Colts/Pats rivalry and Peyton was a contender for the greatest, but not quite...and now he may never be the same with his neck injury.

This past weekend's game vs the Broncos and Tebow was classic Brady. Does it get any better?!

This is what Brady does....over and over...."Montana-like" for sure, with surgical strikes, bit by bit, breaking down the defense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXhIjFXQu1A

GO PATS

I'm just dead, I'm not gone.
-Jim Dickinson
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rocker Posted - 27/03/2012 : 13:57:47
And we'll certianly see how ole Rex, the de facto leader of that club, will handle things. We'll see if he lets Santy run wild!
markk Posted - 26/03/2012 : 20:11:22
Maybe Tebow's locker will be between Antonio Cromartie, whose favorite pasttime is fathering children to different women, and Santonio Holmes, just a minor street thug making millions.
rocker Posted - 26/03/2012 : 15:21:23
He looked like the walking dead every time he was leveled by several Saints, and got up for more...it was brave, but painful to watch him limp around the field. Another example of the Saints Bounty Hunters looking for the kill?!

Sure...Old Vince was right..football is just 'controlled' violence...;-)...we sublimate our killer instinct there, eh?

And I'm thinking of old Ty Cobb...He I read was a guy that didn't make friends too easy especially in beisbol. How would you like to be at second when he comes a barreling in flyin' high with his spikes up ready to take your legs off???....oh sports is lovely man...;-).....
lemonade kid Posted - 23/03/2012 : 16:56:03
I shouldn't be so hard on Timmy--he seems to be a good kid...but he should know that with the kind of rabid press & cynical fandom in this country, his overt & a bit theatrical display of faith is too easy a target.

You can keep the faith Timmy, but I don't watch Pat Robertson, nor do I expect or welcome it into my living room (no matter how subtle) when I watch some smash-mouth.

We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers & discoverers-
-thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses.
Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams.

-Peter S. Beagle 1973
rocker Posted - 23/03/2012 : 13:09:18
Joe Willy I know is upset. Poor Tim, he wins, he prays, he's nice, he's good, but nobody likes'em. I think Tim's the Rodney Dangerfield of football now!...
markk Posted - 22/03/2012 : 21:01:53
There is already a billboard at the Midtown Tunnel, JETS FOR JESUS,
right across from the THERE IS NO GOD billboard. Joking ..
However, special news broadcast at about 3:30 PM today, Tebow getting off a jet and getting into a car to meet new management. No joke,
What a circus this will be.
underture Posted - 22/03/2012 : 17:22:30
quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

quote:
Originally posted by underture

Algorithm time:

The whole Manning, Tebow soap opera where, lest we forget, it shows that the NFL is business first, business in-between, and business last and the players are nothing more than chattal

+

The Saints and their sickening bounty program (which I would bet is pandemic in the league)

=

Why I can barely watch the NFL anymore. Pro football (like music) ain't what it used to be, and the changes aren't for the best.

You set the scene

Remember when....I thought the Saints were gonna kill Bret Favre in the 2010 NFL title game.
He looked like the walking dead every time he was leveled by several Saints, and got up for more...it was brave, but painful to watch him limp around the field. Another example of the Saints Bounty Hunters looking for the kill?!

-Peter S. Beagle 1973

Maybe Sean Peyton can answer...he won't be too busy for the next year

You set the scene
lemonade kid Posted - 22/03/2012 : 17:18:52
quote:

Algorithm time:

The whole Manning, Tebow soap opera where, lest we forget, it shows that the NFL is business first, business in-between, and business last and the players are nothing more than chattal

+

The Saints and their sickening bounty program (which I would bet is pandemic in the league)

=

Why I can barely watch the NFL anymore. Pro football (like music) ain't what it used to be, and the changes aren't for the best.

You set the scene

Remember when....I thought the Saints were gonna kill Bret Favre in the 2010 NFL title game.

-Peter S. Beagle 1973
underture Posted - 22/03/2012 : 13:36:04
Algorithm time:

+

=

You set the scene
lemonade kid Posted - 21/03/2012 : 19:21:01
Jimmy Fallon does TEEBOWIE revisited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AjuP4cGnm9o

....going to the JETS?! HA! Pats nemesis gets Teebowed!

-Peter S. Beagle 1973
rocker Posted - 21/03/2012 : 13:16:29
Well Peyton's onto another football road...a great player....I just hope he can take the hits!...
lemonade kid Posted - 20/03/2012 : 18:01:24
quote:

What is Denver going to do with all the Tebow jerseys they're going to have to unload now? Don't want to scare you LK but rumor has it Timmy might be headed to New England.

You set the scene

AAAARRRGH!!! Take a knee Timmy T!!

-Peter S. Beagle 1973
underture Posted - 20/03/2012 : 13:01:44
What is Denver going to do with all the Tebow jerseys they're going to have to unload now? Don't want to scare you LK but rumor has it Timmy might be headed to New England.

You set the scene
markk Posted - 09/03/2012 : 22:19:18
Yea necessary, like $28 million necessary. Funny, how so little has been written up on how the Indy fans feel about this. Maybe they are looking forward to that first draft pick, QB Luck.
Would like to see Payton have more success in his career beyond Indy.
lemonade kid Posted - 08/03/2012 : 22:10:34
What do you all think of the Colts & Manning. Sad. For the player, the town, the franchise. But necessary?

No such thing as a franchise player anymore. Of course, the loyalty issues go both ways.

Players like Manning and Brady deserve to end their careers where they started, but the money issue is just too huge nowadays.

But I would love to still see the Bird or Russell & Celts loyalty of days gone by...guess I'm a relic too.
At least Paul Pierce will likely & deservedly end his career in Boston.

CELTICS philosophy back in the Russell & Bird era was that as a player like Bird or Russell aged, he was not traded, he was there to mentor the young players as they came onboard--his value never diminished, it grew....smart; and for that reason, the Celtics franchise had & still has an almost magical aura about it for Celts players, fans, and opponents alike.

Getting Spring (baseball) fever?!

-Peter S. Beagle 1973

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page