Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 Anything Else
 Sox/Yanks

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
markk Posted - 05/08/2011 : 22:42:04
Big series comin up in Beautown at The Fens. Its Ellsbury, Pedroia,
Gonzalez, Youk, Papi against Jeter, Granderson, Tex, Cano and Swisher.
Sox are favored, but we are ready to take em down.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
markk Posted - 25/07/2016 : 22:11:47
Papi is also leading the majors in doubles. This tells you he is not hitting a lot of singles thru the infiekd, or bloopers that fall in the outfield. Rather he is hitting long, powerful drives to the oufield. However, his route to the Hall will be long because of the suspicion.
lemonade kid Posted - 22/07/2016 : 18:00:52
quote:
Originally posted by markk

There is No hard evidence, just suspicion.

Right, would never hold up in any court. So what does the public at large choose to condemn anyway...just a fan thing. Fans love to make the team they hate the villains to justify how they could be getting beaten over and over...and standout stars are easy targets. Jealousy mostly.

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. Ð GENE CLARK
markk Posted - 20/07/2016 : 19:21:25
There is No hard evidence, just suspicion.
lemonade kid Posted - 20/07/2016 : 17:39:40
quote:

Big Papi is getting a golden sendoff, just what he wants. Yet he is shrouded with suspicion. Years ago, he was on the leaked List of players who failed a Drug Test. Not hard evidence, but suspicion. Then he hit rock bottom, looked like he was thru, could hardly swing the bat. This is typical of players getting off the juice. More suspicion. Terry Francona was quoted as saying he wants to bench him.
Then he miraculously got it all back. And now, although he approaches the plate like he can hardly walk, swings the bat beautifully and hits with power and drive. He is amassing stats not done by a 40 year old man. Still no hard evidence, but if I were a betting man, .....

Bogus report that had questionable testing, never said what he tested for and Papi has asked repeatedly for them to tell him what it was. He says supplements that every one took that may have shown up but what...a leaked report that they tell him is still secret. So I'm of the American system of innocent until proven otherwise. Many more were outright cheaters and they still won't admit PEDs.

It's about hitting technique, if he were as unable to walk as you say, hitting would be there with any kind of PED help...he has learned to compensate for his age and stiff joints. before that he was on the outs and needed to learn how to swing all over agin...

markk Posted - 20/07/2016 : 16:32:44
Big Papi is getting a golden sendoff, just what he wants. Yet he is shrouded with suspicion. Years ago, he was on the leaked List of players who failed a Drug Test. Not hard evidence, but suspicion. Then he hit rock bottom, looked like he was thru, could hardly swing the bat. This is typical of players getting off the juice. More suspicion. Terry Francona was quoted as saying he wants to bench him.
Then he miraculously got it all back. And now, although he approaches the plate like he can hardly walk, swings the bat beautifully and hits with power and drive. He is amassing stats not done by a 40 year old man. Still no hard evidence, but if I were a betting man, .....
lemonade kid Posted - 14/07/2016 : 14:39:50
quote:

David Ortiz is having the best year of his career at 40 yrs old.
Batting .332, 22 HRs, 72 RBIs. This is very hard to believe. Must have found something undetectable to testing. It's possible, but hard to believe anything else.

Sounds like a Yankee fan's conspiracy theory. No true Red Sox fan would suggest such a thing! Not Big Papi...never.

Seriously though--truely great hitting has nothing to do with PED's....it's about the physics of the swing and honing your batting technique...if you can't swing it, no drug in the world will help you connect with the ball. And no hitter can power the ball just about anywhere on the field like Ortiz--it's about control of the swing and analyzing each at-bat to its best advantage. (And being a DH will save your body for the important things--like smashing the ball when you are 40.)

The National League needs to wise up and use the DH rule too.

markk Posted - 11/07/2016 : 15:06:30
David Ortiz is having the best year of his career at 40 yrs old.
Batting .332, 22 HRs, 72 RBIs. This is very hard to believe. Must have found something undetectable to testing. It's possible, but hard to believe anything else.
lemonade kid Posted - 14/09/2015 : 17:56:43
quote:

I hate/despise David Ortiz (of course you do! Yankee fan that you are! -lk), but 500 HRs is Hall of Fame stuff. What a slugger.

In spite of a few media glitches and missteps, Big Papi is still one of the most beloved players in Boston sports history. A big teddy bear with a monster bat...still the most feared batter in baseball that any pitcher can face. Amazing.

So much music, so little time.
markk Posted - 13/09/2015 : 23:50:36
I hate/despice David Ortiz, but 500 HRs is Hall of Fame stuff. What a slugger.
underture Posted - 23/02/2015 : 15:06:53
Spring training starts today for 2015. The regular season not too far around the corner. Looking forward to baseball starting up again.

You set the scene
underture Posted - 29/09/2014 : 17:23:21
Thankfully this year is over. Rays/Sox/Yanks all went bust this year. Already set for spring training to begin.

You set the scene
captain america and billy Posted - 17/06/2014 : 18:01:38
I know things aren't looking to good for the Boston nine at the moment,but I have a strong hunch the bats WILL come alive at some point and the Sox will at least make their chances at a division title or pennant a bit more interesting that things appear at the moment.Just wait till after the all star break.They'll get going..........
markk Posted - 14/06/2014 : 17:37:04
Who'd a thought. The Sox would be irrelevant at this point in the season. But there's still magic ib Pedroia and Ortiz, that they won't go quietly. Who'd a thought. That the Bronx Bombers can't hit a home run and can't score more thab 4 runs a game. That Mariano is hardly missed , as the bullpen is very strong. Or that Tanaka is in the running for Rookie of the Year, Cy Young and MVP.
That's baseball and why I'm a fan.
lemonade kid Posted - 11/06/2014 : 17:49:44
quote:
Originally posted by underture

My kingdom for a run. The Rays are officially done for any post season honors this season. It's kind of like all the negative mojo that teams inevitably go through have dogpiled Tampa this season.

You giving up on the Sox for this season yet, LK? It's a battle royal for last place between Tampa and Boston.Don't even watch. We have last year....that's enough...can't be greedy, Someone else's turn..

You set the scene

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
underture Posted - 11/06/2014 : 13:50:35
My kingdom for a run. The Rays are officially done for any post season honors this season. It's kind of like all the negative mojo that teams inevitably go through have dogpiled Tampa this season.

You giving up on the Sox for this season yet, LK? It's a battle royal for last place between Tampa and Boston.

You set the scene

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page