Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 Anything Else
 MONTY PYTHON...your favorite sketches

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 28/04/2011 : 19:50:49
Literary Football
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw8ZL_gcTSM&feature=related

1942....England
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T70-HTlKRXo&feature=related

STONED
I AM
-iconic 60's button
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Joe Morris Posted - 17/12/2015 : 00:58:48
I can't imagine the Pythons saw much money from working on the shows
Joe Morris Posted - 28/05/2011 : 03:29:19
no, the John Cleese Collection
doesn't have copy protection on the discs (dvds)

White Star (I think) put them out

I have copies of How to irritate people, Romance with a double bass, The end of civilization, was able to burn them after checking them out from library here in NJ

don't watch them much. Only the 1st is really rewatchable, cos Chapman, Palin turn up. And you've got an original take at the Dead Parrot sketch (with a lemon car instead of a dead parrot!)

A miracle the Python shows weren't wiped - the BBC wiped a lot of shows when changing house in the early 70s

Thankfully Terry Jones had kept the shows on video
captain america and billy Posted - 27/05/2011 : 15:39:16
Re-Joe Morris' statement concerning lack of copyright on the Cleese programs. Yes,I believe back in the seventies,there were still aritsts and performers who were signed to deals of monetary underappreciation concerning concerning royalties as well.Even entire productions such as these lost Cleese treasures were thought at the time to be merely one of broadcasts whose contents couldn't POSSIBLY generate so much interest as to be sought after significantly over thirty yers later.Beatlemaniacs such as myself may recall reading the tale of how Brian Epstein grossly misrepresented the Fabs in American marketing deals,which meant that the famous foursome only saw but an inkling of all the dolls,lunch boxes and board games that were created in their honor and image.Of course,back in the 60's and 70's,most of the SUITS possesed SOME knowledge that these properties may some day be leased out again,but natural to their own selfish inclinations,artists and performers were disgustingly kept in the dark.
Joe Morris Posted - 26/05/2011 : 02:43:41
I like when Watson accidentally kills that guy!!

the sight of Cleeses nudity (his bum) in Romance with a double bass
is more than made up by Connie Booth's full frontal nudity

I understand Terry (Jones) and Michael (Palin) are doing a live act in the UK next month

Michael's diaries are wonderful - and they're best sellers even here in the States. Engrossing stuff - I like him talking about how he wrote the Missionary (which sees reissue to dvd this month here in the UK
captain america and billy Posted - 25/05/2011 : 16:07:18
"Double Bass" is also available at my local library.I'll check it out.I'm afraid the one area of comic satire Cleese never DID master WAS impersonation.
Joe Morris Posted - 25/05/2011 : 03:22:49
Terrible. Much prefer Romance with a Double Bass, although Cleese is nude in that

How do you like Cleese's Columbo impression?
captain america and billy Posted - 24/05/2011 : 15:29:33
Saw John Cleese's "Strange Case of the End of the World as We Know it" over the weekend.Sardonically pithy vehicle full of many clever plays on Enlgish literary and dramatic forms.Fans of Cleese's Monty Python comedy troupe should regail in its demonstrative witticisms and sarcastic hilarities.
captain america and billy Posted - 21/05/2011 : 20:26:43
Just checked out "End of Civilization" from the library.Looking forward to watching it this weekend.
Joe Morris Posted - 20/05/2011 : 16:36:59
How to irritate people (1968) is good - now as part of a John Cleese comedy collection (along with Romance with a double bass (Cleese & Connie naked - yikes!) and the wretched End of Civilization As We Know It

and NOT copy protected!

Its a shame Cleese never wrote an autobio, as he seems a very interesting person. Palin writes about him in his (excellent) diaries and he seems really troubled but really funny, I think hes been married several times at this point, doesn't seem to do films too much anymore, but his commentaries on the recently reissued Fawlty Towers are fun and when last heard of was tasting wines in California (!)

Cleese turns up in the odd Palin venture (Ripping Yarns) and its an absolute tragedy the two didn't write & collaborate much

Think Palin & Terry Jones are performing live in the UK next month at Meltdown (along with Ray Davies) though I don't think Cleese is doing anything. He was wont to pop up in the States on Countdown to make fun of (Sarah) Palin but he doesn't seem to write anymore

Oh well. Hes wont to retire. Hes been performing since the Frost Report (1966) and all the rest (At last the 1948 Show (1968?)
captain america and billy Posted - 19/05/2011 : 17:16:39
Back in 1968 when the Pythons were just getting together to write shows for the likes of David Frost,Spike Milligan,and Marty Feldman among other British comic elite,John Cleese hosted his own BBC special called "How To Irritate People",which also featured Michael Palin and a couple of future Python skits.it's available on dvd and is most extraordinary.Check it out!
Joe Morris Posted - 19/05/2011 : 14:34:04
the less said of Cleese's
The Strange Case of the End of Civilisation As We Know It
the better of course
rocker Posted - 19/05/2011 : 14:33:54
man I love that series..there was the Major, "Lord" Melbury, Manuel..the American guy and his Waldorf salad..The Irish builders....there are so many hilarious scenes in each series..classics all...
ALLANAGAIN Posted - 19/05/2011 : 11:32:20
or the Germans.."don,t mention the war"
lemonade kid Posted - 18/05/2011 : 22:33:09
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

hey lk..let's not forget FAWLTY TOWERS!....

The Rat episode.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_q4S7lZeik

rocker Posted - 18/05/2011 : 22:17:23
hey lk..let's not forget FAWLTY TOWERS!....

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page