Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Olympic Studios March 17 1970....Listen now

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John9 Posted - 28/10/2010 : 22:52:26
Apologies if someone has posted these before - but they are completely new to me. Obviously, the acetate emerged some little while ago, but I had not realised that they were now available at the click of a mouse. Following the two parts of Ezy Rider, the link will guide you to an unreleased take of The Everlasting First:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvqDs6lIUrY&NR=1

Gary Rowles provides a full guide to these legendary sessions in the liner notes for the recent Collectors' Choice edition of False Start.
But you can also read it here (paragraphs 6,7 and 8 are the most relevant ones - but the whole thing is fascinating):

http://www.richieunterberger.com/falsestart.html

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kdion11 Posted - 04/11/2010 : 19:13:09
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

Thanks for passing it along mate

Do you reckon as the new Jimi release will be good for a person whos never heard any of Jimis music? I think the only Jimi album I've actually listened to was the Radio One album - the one with "Day Tripper" (Rykodisc?)

"I need a JOB!!" (Mr Norman Maine)

KD: Yes ! It's mainly unreleased, archival material but all
stellar. I'm getting - out Nov 16th. It also includes the latest
JH Documentary with a boatload of unreleased film too.

Free the guitars !
lemonade kid Posted - 29/10/2010 : 23:30:35
Here is a MegaUpload download of the Hendrix/Lee/Stills acetate...with cover art included. Easy Peasy!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CYN9KTWG

Joe Morris Posted - 29/10/2010 : 23:25:22
Thanks for passing it along mate

Do you reckon as the new Jimi release will be good for a person whos never heard any of Jimis music? I think the only Jimi album I've actually listened to was the Radio One album - the one with "Day Tripper" (Rykodisc?)

"I need a JOB!!" (Mr Norman Maine)
kdion11 Posted - 29/10/2010 : 20:02:52
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

dunno about the Steve Stills, has EZ Rider (a Jimi song?
and Everlasting first, as
well as a lengthy (and lets be honest, tedious) instrumental jam

Nice to have, but perhaps better for fans to fantasize about it for years. Apparently Arthur wanted to overdub vocals over the jam for a song when he was alive, but he never came upon a tape (he thought it was held by Krasnow.

Heaven knows the story behind the acetate turning up on eBay!

KD: As both of these sessions were recorded during the same time frame and location (London, March 1970), one compiled version of them that has been making the collector's rounds have all the Lee / Hendrix and all the Stills / Hendrix sessions known to exist (from other, various time frames and studios) stuck together on one big CDR.

Also included and of note, is Stephen Stills showing up with Joni Mitchell's new song "Woodstock" to an Alan Douglas produced session for Timothy Leary, which included John Sebastian, Jimi Hendrix and Buddy Miles as well as Stills. Several takes of all the songs, not a bad compilation.

The Love / Hendrix acetate as it showed up on EBAY was apparently once the property of an ex Blue Thumb employee - not Bob Krasnow.
Experience Hendrix is in possession of the entire session reels from the Olympic Studios session and these are being worked on by Eddie Kramer. They contain much more material, than were cherry picked for the acetate.

A true "alternative" and unreleased version of The Everlasting First is due for release on the new Jimi Hendrix box set West Coast Seattle Boy, due Nov 16th !
torben Posted - 29/10/2010 : 08:24:10
http://love.torbenskott.dk/albums/blue_thumb_acetate.asp
Joe Morris Posted - 29/10/2010 : 04:59:53
dunno about the Steve Stills, has EZ Rider (a Jimi song?
and Everlasting first, as
well as a lengthy (and lets be honest, tedious) instrumental jam

Nice to have, but perhaps better for fans to fantasize about it for years. Apparently Arthur wanted to overdub vocals over the jam for a song when he was alive, but he never came upon a tape (he thought it was held by Krasnow.

Heaven knows the story behind the acetate turning up on eBay!
lemonade kid Posted - 29/10/2010 : 04:29:07
Is this the Jimi/Arthur acetates? There is also some tape with Steve Stills included...likely just the Jimi work on Stills first album...I'll find the download site for the full download for us.

Joe Morris Posted - 29/10/2010 : 01:53:23
I like this - I've been listening to a cd of the "jam" and the "Easy rider" a friend was kind enough to pass along

I remember when I saw this acetate pop up on eBay. It really is the Jimi acetate isn't it? I think EVERYTHING Jimi has seen release, it was this acetate (held by Bob Krasnow? dunno)
that everyone was waiting for.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page