Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 Mike Randle Blog
 The Day Elvis Died And The Latest Blog

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Freedom Man Posted - 16/08/2009 : 20:58:43
From Mr.Mike Randle

http://www.thefreedomman.com/
PRESS THE LINK!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
caryne Posted - 17/08/2009 : 16:21:43
quote:
Originally posted by mikeb

quote:
Originally posted by caryne

The link to the article was in the Mike's blog, are you telling me that people here don't read that?

We may be at cross purposes. The link in Mike's blog just led me to a cluttered Washington front page for today (Monday) and it then took me awhile to find the actual article he referred to using their search engine so I posted the direct link.

It was, from the comments, on yesterdays front page, which I presume is where you saw it.

The request:

"Anyone with any more info about the remaining cohort of Arthur Lee fans, post a link if you have one."

came from DoctorB who'd commented on the Post article, so I've replied to that in their comments section, directing anyone interested here, and mentioned that they could then read Mike's take on the article.

Among the Washington Post comments is one from Patrick Hand.

Mike, my previous comment wasn't entirely serious, hence the wink.

Mike's blog link led me to the Wshington Post site, I then had to log into the Washington Post (after joining up) and I found the article.

No need to add anymore as I think we are all clear now
mikeb Posted - 17/08/2009 : 16:08:34
quote:

The link to the article was in the Mike's blog, are you telling me that people here don't read that?

We may be at cross purposes. The link in Mike's blog just led me to a cluttered Washington front page for today (Monday) and it then took me awhile to find the actual article he referred to using their search engine so I posted the direct link.

It was, from the comments, on yesterdays front page, which I presume is where you saw it.

The request:

"Anyone with any more info about the remaining cohort of Arthur Lee fans, post a link if you have one."

came from DoctorB who'd commented on the Post article, so I've replied to that in their comments section, directing anyone interested here, and mentioned that they could then read Mike's take on the article.

Among the Washington Post comments is one from Patrick Hand.
caryne Posted - 17/08/2009 : 15:26:34
quote:

There's 24 comments up at the moment which are worth reading, the people who have seen the shows are very supportive.

Someone requested a link to fellow Love fans so I obliged :)

That's what the article lacks though, there are no comments from fans/concert goers at all in it.

mikeb Posted - 17/08/2009 : 14:49:07
There's 24 comments up at the moment which are worth reading, the people who have seen the shows are very supportive.

Someone requested a link to fellow Love fans so I obliged :)

caryne Posted - 17/08/2009 : 14:30:04
quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Freedom Man

From Mr.Mike Randle

PRESS THE LINK!

It's a pity that a national newspaper has to resort to such silly negative stories but guess that's what they are all about.. why post postive stuff when you can just take the p*ss?

I've no problem with a reporting writing about what he witnessed, i.e. the shows not selling, bands dropping out, the economics of touring, but there's no balance to the piece, to put it mildly, and the Spinal Tap comparison is just a cheap shot, particularly considering all the co-operation he was given by everyone on the tour.

You need to register to read the piece, which I found a quick process, details and direct link to the story:

A '60s Tour With Few Takers Is Still a Rock-and-Roll High
By J. Freedom DuLac

First-time concert promoter and D.C. lawyer Patrick Hand is learning the ropes of the music business as he spends his summer vacation promoting the "California '66 Revue." The tour straight out of "Spinal Tap," after one musician died and another band pulled out. The single remaining band, Love, continues to tour, losing loads of money along the way. We caught up with Hand and Love at the Double Door nightclub in Chicago.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/15/AR2009081502826.html

Agreed there's nothing wrong with writing the truth but, as you say, there's no balance and, to me, the journalist is writing it in a very mocking way. Like I said, it's all negative.
mikeb Posted - 17/08/2009 : 14:27:49
quote:

quote:

From Mr.Mike Randle

PRESS THE LINK!

It's a pity that a national newspaper has to resort to such silly negative stories but guess that's what they are all about.. why post postive stuff when you can just take the p*ss?

I've no problem with a reporter writing about what he witnessed, i.e. the shows not selling, bands dropping out, the economics of touring, but there's no balance to the piece, to put it mildly, and the Spinal Tap comparison is just a cheap shot, particularly considering all the co-operation he was given by everyone on the tour.

You need to register to read the piece, which I found a quick process, details and direct link to the story:

A '60s Tour With Few Takers Is Still a Rock-and-Roll High
By J. Freedom DuLac

First-time concert promoter and D.C. lawyer Patrick Hand is learning the ropes of the music business as he spends his summer vacation promoting the "California '66 Revue." The tour straight out of "Spinal Tap," after one musician died and another band pulled out. The single remaining band, Love, continues to tour, losing loads of money along the way. We caught up with Hand and Love at the Double Door nightclub in Chicago.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/15/AR2009081502826.html
caryne Posted - 16/08/2009 : 22:25:12
quote:

From Mr.Mike Randle

PRESS THE LINK!

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page