Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 2023 UK tour

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Phil Hobbs Posted - 27/01/2023 : 17:34:26
Great news! A 2023 UK summer tour was announced yesterday. Dates and venues as follows:

30 JUNE MANCHESTER BAND ON THE WALL
JULY SAT 1 LIVERPOOL 02 ACADEMY
SUN 2 YORK THE CRESCENT
MON 3 GLASGOW MONO
WED 5 NEWCASTLE CLUNY TBC
FRI 7 BIRMINGHAM 02 ACADEMY
SAT 8 OXFORD 02 ACADEMY
SUN 9 BRISTOL 02 ACADEMY
MON 10 EXETER THE PHOENIX
WED 12 BOURNEMOUTH 02 ACADEMY
THUR 13 BRIGHTON CONCORDE 2
FRI 14 BEDFORD ESQUIRES
SAT 15 LONDON THE GARAGE

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
steve64 Posted - 04/08/2023 : 19:01:51
The Bass player has been James Nolte on the the last 2 UK Tours, his Father David Nolte replaced Dave Chapple on the 2005 UK Tour

quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

Thanks! They sound fantastic....no Johnny? Ahhhh.....I see him in the London vid!
Is Baby Lem's original bass player back?

quote:
Originally posted by boombox

The band were great in Cardiff, even if the audience weren't - rudest audience ever! Check out the introduction to the encore in my video here: https://youtu.be/Wk9l7U0ABXE
Jealous I didn't get Stephanie, but Neil's Song was a pleasant surprise. Nice to catch up with Dukey in the queue too - must find out if he got some front of stage closeups to do a multicam edit.

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. – GENE CLARK

'If You Have Ghosts' 'Then You Have Everything'
Kula John Posted - 25/07/2023 : 11:44:32
quote:

Yes, Mike related that Chappy refused to get vaxed and therefore he could't travel to England due to the tight British Covid travel restrictions at the time, and he had some very divisive conspiracy theory stuff going on. Sad to know, as I liked his chops.

quote:
Originally posted by Kula John

quote:

Thanks! They sound fantastic....no Johnny? Ahhhh.....I see him in the London vid!

quote:

The band were great in Cardiff, even if the audience weren't - rudest audience ever! Check out the introduction to the encore in my video here: https://youtu.be/Wk9l7U0ABXE
Jealous I didn't get Stephanie, but Neil's Song was a pleasant surprise. Nice to catch up with Dukey in the queue too - must find out if he got some front of stage closeups to do a multicam edit.

No, the regular bass player now seems to be James Nolte, who is excellent. I guess Dave Chapple didn't come on the last couple of tours due to the covid regulations, but I'm not sure whether that will change.

----------------------
For the time that I've been given's such a little while and the things that I must do consist of more than style....

Yes, I wonder if we'll see him back again with the guys at some point? He was another key part of that 90s revival that has brought us so much joy in seeing Love again.

----------------------
For the time that I've been given's such a little while and the things that I must do consist of more than style....
lemonade kid Posted - 24/07/2023 : 18:14:43
Yes, Mike related that Chappy refused to get vaxed and therefore he could't travel to England due to the tight British Covid travel restrictions at the time, and he had some very divisive conspiracy theory stuff going on. Sad to know, as I liked his chops.

quote:
Originally posted by Kula John

quote:

quote:

No, the regular bass player now seems to be James Nolte, who is excellent. I guess Dave Chapple didn't come on the last couple of tours due to the covid regulations, but I'm not sure whether that will change.

----------------------

Kula John Posted - 24/07/2023 : 17:58:11
quote:

quote:

----------------------
lemonade kid Posted - 24/07/2023 : 17:42:49

quote:

steve64 Posted - 18/07/2023 : 18:56:45
London was great too, nice to see a few people at the 3 gigs I went to who I first knew from this Messageboard 2002-2005 Tina W, Phil H, Caryne and Dukie, Updated now with Videos from London too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uRKTdYQ3Qw&list=PLRMUX4j5z2wd9qVD9D1qL-U6Hc-blF8sW

lemonade kid Posted - 14/07/2023 : 17:12:26
Thanks guys! Green with envy!

Kula John Posted - 14/07/2023 : 14:57:24
quote:

Really enjoyed your video, Boombox!

----------------------
boombox Posted - 14/07/2023 : 11:18:31
Kula John Posted - 13/07/2023 : 14:22:59
A shout out to the support too. I really enjoyed seeing Edgar Jones in Bristol and his new album is a belter!

I think this song is the best new song I've heard in 2023 so far...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdhMGosQreQ

The Honey Pot Collective also did a fine set in Exeter. Their cover of White Rabbit was great.

----------------------
Kula John Posted - 13/07/2023 : 13:09:49
As Steve said, Bristol and Exeter were both terrific. The crowd in Bristol were a little livelier, but I think this was due to the venue which is a bit more compact and atmospheric (and on a boat!). So good to hear Singing Cowboy and Neil's Song in Exeter. Also good to hear And More on both nights. They opened with A House is not a Motel on both nights too.

My sister and her friend came with me to the Exeter gig as my sister said she wanted to know 'What this Love were all about' seeing as I've gone on about them for so long. They both enjoyed the night and after the guys finished playing You Set The Scene, her friend just looked at me and said 'Wow.'

Unfortunately I can't make any of the final few gigs, but I never get tired of seeing this band, and I'm already sincerely hoping they come back next year! I met them after the Bristol gig and made sure to thank them all for taking the time and effort to come and play for us in the UK. It must take a huge amount of organisation, effort and dedication from a lot of people to make these tours happen, but I know we are all truly grateful. However, if anyone from the tour is reading this, thank you, thank you very much.

Here are three videos from Bristol. Apologies for the changing angles in a couple of them, I was trying to get a good view of Johnny!

7 and 7 Is - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i58voygjH30

Stephanie Knows Who - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5QoQMgDCVg

You Set The Scene - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bSYYzauGRs

----------------------
steve64 Posted - 11/07/2023 : 18:51:20
Bristol and Exeter amazing gigs, London next, few Videos from Bristol and Exeter here https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRMUX4j5z2wd9qVD9D1qL-U6Hc-blF8sW

lemonade kid Posted - 03/07/2023 : 16:57:32
OK...so let's have some reviews and reactions to the first gigs!!

boombox Posted - 30/06/2023 : 02:16:34
quote:
Originally posted by steve64

Been to a few gigs on The Thekla, great venue on a Ship,it used to be owned by Vivian Stanshall of Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, much better venue than The Academy

I concur on the Thekla - much better venue. I have seen Dar Williams, Kula Shaker and Temples there. Can't make that show, though I will be at the Earl Haig on Wed 12th - hope they have some of the t-shirts left by then.
lemonade kid Posted - 29/06/2023 : 15:25:47
So Band On The Wall sounds like a cool venue. I have a live Iain Matthews soundboard from Band On The Wall, and it is fantastic.

Who's going?! I expect reviews!

30 JUNE MANCHESTER BAND ON THE WALL
JULY SAT 1 LIVERPOOL 02 ACADEMY
SUN 2 YORK THE CRESCENT
MON 3 GLASGOW MONO
WED 5 NEWCASTLE CLUNY TBC
FRI 7 BIRMINGHAM 02 ACADEMY
SAT 8 OXFORD 02 ACADEMY
SUN 9 BRISTOL 02 ACADEMY
MON 10 EXETER THE PHOENIX
WED 12 BOURNEMOUTH 02 ACADEMY
THUR 13 BRIGHTON CONCORDE 2
FRI 14 BEDFORD ESQUIRES
SAT 15 LONDON THE GARAGE

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page