Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 Anything Else
 Alan Rickman dies at 69

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 14/01/2016 : 15:00:30
One of my all times faves from Die Hard To Harry Potter...was there a better actor? Loved him.

Rest in peace, Mr Rickman.
BBC News...

Actor Alan Rickman, known for films including Harry Potter, Die Hard, Truly Madly Deeply and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, has died at the age of 69.
The star was suffering from cancer, his family said.
He became one of Britain's best-loved acting stars thanks to roles including Professor Snape in the Harry Potter films and Hans Gruber in Die Hard.
He also won a Bafta Award for playing the Sheriff of Nottingham in 1991's Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.
A family statement said: "The actor and director Alan Rickman has died from cancer at the age of 69. He was surrounded by family and friends."

Harry Potter actor James Phelps, who played Fred Weasley, said on Twitter he was "shocked and sad" to hear the news. He wrote: "One of the nicest actors I've ever met. Thoughts and prayers with his family at this time."
His twin brother Oliver Phelps, who played George Weasley, added: "Terribly sad news about the passing of Alan Rickman. A funny and engaging person who put a shy young actor at ease when I was on Harry Potter."
TV star and Bafta ceremony host Stephen Fry wrote: "What desperately sad news about Alan Rickman. A man of such talent, wicked charm and stunning screen and stage presence. He'll be sorely missed."
Actor David Morrissey also paid tribute. He said: "So sad to hear the news of Alan Rickman. A wonderful actor and lovely man. Tragic news."

The London-born star began his career in theatre, including with the Royal Shakespeare Company, before winning roles in TV dramas like Smiley's People and The Barchester Chronicles in the 1980s.
He became best known for playing screen villains - including the role of Judge Turpin opposite Johnny Depp in 2007's Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street as well as the likes of Hans Gruber and the Sheriff of Nottingham.
But he showed his gentler side in films like 1990's Truly Madly Deeply, 1995's Sense and Sensibility and Love Actually in 2003.
He earned Bafta nominations for his roles in Truly Madly Deeply, in which he played Juliet Stevenson's ghost lover, and for playing Colonel Brandon alongside Kate Winslet in Sense and Sensibility.
He got another Bafta nomination for portraying the calculating Eamon de Valera in 1996's Michael Collins.
The following year, he won a Golden Globe for best actor in a miniseries or television film for the title role in Rasputin: Dark Servant of Destiny.
He was also a major presence on the stage in London and New York.
His performance as the manipulative seducer Le Vicomte in Les Liaisons Dangereuses on Broadway in 1986 brought him the first of two Tony Award nominations.
It also brought him to the attention of Die Hard producer Joel Silver, who offered him his film debut as a result.
His second Tony nomination came for Private Lives in 2002, in which he appeared opposite Lindsay Duncan in London before the New York transfer.

So much music, so little time.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lemonade kid Posted - 18/01/2016 : 17:04:08
quote:
Originally posted by markk

Yes he was great in Die Hard and Potter

I absolutely loved his acting style..those perfectly timed pauses within sentences. Perfection.

So much music, so little time.
markk Posted - 17/01/2016 : 17:49:51
Yes he was great in Die Hard and Potter

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page