Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 Anything Else
 Oh England, my lionheart....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kula John Posted - 09/08/2011 : 12:30:27
London is literally burning. Bristol, Birmingham, Nottingham and Liverpool are on the way to this as well. It's very sad to be English today. I'm highly embarrassed and very sad at what's happening here.

Mindless criminality, that's all it is, carried out by 'deprived youths'. Deprived??? Try living in East Africa right now....that's deprived.

This all makes me so sick.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kula John Posted - 23/08/2011 : 12:56:55
quote:
Originally posted by John9

Yes Rocker, we are. And our amazing performance thus far, gives a whole new, and very much more optimistic, meaning to the title of this thread. What I can't get over is that before this series started, India were number one - and yet this has been such an unbelievably one sided affair.

Yeh, great time to be an England cricket supporter! The looters and rioters could learn a lot from the game of cricket.
John9 Posted - 22/08/2011 : 09:40:05

Well spoken, LK.
lemonade kid Posted - 21/08/2011 : 17:27:40
quote:
Originally posted by John9

Yes Rocker, we are. And our amazing performance thus far, gives a whole new, and very much more optimistic, meaning to the title of this thread. What I can't get over is that before this series started, India were number one - and yet this has been such an unbelievably one sided affair.

Hopefully it is the Kind of thing that brings the UK people together the way it did for Japan, winning the WORLD CUP. When a country's heart is breaking, sometimes, something as trivial as a sport brings everyone together....helping them to forget the pain.

John9 Posted - 20/08/2011 : 21:47:57

rocker Posted - 19/08/2011 : 13:54:02
You're looking good in cricket john! i know everybody's happy about that state of affairs. Tendulkar's going to have to wait!
John9 Posted - 18/08/2011 : 22:14:58
Not now that England have replaced India as the World's number 1 test playing nation - cricket, I would hope will be alive and well for a long time. At school, though, we did play a form of baseball - rounders. I used to enjoy it.
rocker Posted - 18/08/2011 : 15:35:26
hey I just read that there's been a spike in BASEBALL BAT bat sales in the UK on Amazon! So is cricket gonna be taken over by baseball (cough cough) with its bloop singles, balks, home runs, pop flies, ERA's and grand slams???????????.................
captain america and billy Posted - 17/08/2011 : 20:35:10
Yeah,that's a good one,but listen to THIS one.Two nuns,Peter Lorre and a Kimodo Dragon walk into a bar and.......
lemonade kid Posted - 17/08/2011 : 20:29:04
How about the billionaire Facebook dude and other Libertarians funding island platforms in international waters to start their own "countries"-- free from laws, government or moral codes?! Yeah that'll work! A bunch of billionaire misfits will get along just fine. The ocean can have em!

captain america and billy Posted - 17/08/2011 : 20:17:54
I've heard they've started to declare curfews in a few communities.Scary.What is this worldwide revolt vibe.Used to hearing about it in the Mid-east all my life,but things are starting up here in the states like back in the sixties,except back then the actions of the students and other participants were ALWAYS rooted in some sane cause.Now I have heard of people protesting the "no cell phones on public transport" thing,maybe that one makes a LITTLE sense.But people are starting to form mobs to rob little convenience stores.What the @#*@!
lemonade kid Posted - 17/08/2011 : 20:09:59
Holy crap...we all ned to go to an island in Maine! Start our own country called the Peace & LoVE Island!

dyecraig Posted - 17/08/2011 : 16:42:32
We're having some problems on a lesser scale with these 'flashmobs' suddenly appearing and wreaking havoc in Chinatown, DC and Silver Spring, MD and cleaning out a 7/11 in Rockville - it's very disturbing. Sometimes I just wanna stay in my hermetically sealed hyperbolic chamber in a secret location out in the country.
PJ Harvey's recent "Let England Shake" is worth a deep listen.
lemonade kid Posted - 13/08/2011 : 00:02:06
quote:
Originally posted by captain america and billy

It was this same brand of civil unrest that led directly to the English Punk movement in the seventies.I wouldn't be surprised if we were to hear the same frustrated expression of song in the aftermath.This is music's greatest power,to reflect on ongoing political and social situations and perhaps inspire dutiful change.

God save England if it leads to a Disco revival.

Seriously...my heart bleeds for England.

Lionheart-live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3dA1RX7tPE&feature=related

Every Christian Lionhearted Man...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PLeNdfkoBI

Oh solo Dominique
Oh solo Dominique
Oh solo Dominique
Oh solo Dominique

Take this in hand
Said he who stands
Behind the chair
A broken table there

Every Christian lion hearted man will show you

Oh solo Dominique
Oh solo Dominique
Oh solo Dominique
Oh solo Dominique

Don't walk so tall
Before you crawl

For every child
Is thinking of something wild

Oh solo Dominique
Oh solo Dominique
Oh solo Dominique

Every Christian lion hearted man will show you (will show you)

Oh solo Dominique
Oh solo Dominique
Oh solo Dominique

captain america and billy Posted - 11/08/2011 : 15:19:31
It was this same brand of civil unrest that led directly to the English Punk movement in the seventies.I wouldn't be surprised if we were to hear the same frustrated expression of song in the aftermath.This is music's greatest power,to reflect on ongoing political and social situations and perhaps inspire dutiful change.
rocker Posted - 10/08/2011 : 14:18:50
So is it the economy in the UK which is driving these individuals to participate in anarchy?? Is it "persecution" from the police? Perhaps these are the reasons they pick up as an excuse to rob, torch and steal? I hope the country gets a handle on it. I have to to tell you it was strange to see the two great cities of Manchester and Liverpool fall under the criminal spell. But it was good to see "volunteers" who participated in the cleanup after the riots. I heard some of them noting it was "shameful" for their ciies to be experiencing the mayhem. They just had to do something.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page