Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Love in Mojo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John E Posted - 30/03/2006 : 23:37:22
I bought the May Mojo today with the pic and article on the new Love Band (featuring the six new members including the girl guitarist). Arthur says "Johnny Echols is definitely part of the group too. I wouldn't do Love without him". European tour is scheduled for late summer. I wonder what it will be like to hear the songs with a new sound? The previous band was as close to Love perfection as I could imagine. Love to all, John E
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ALLANAGAIN Posted - 06/04/2006 : 20:44:36
Any chance of someone putting up a link to the MOJO article please?
waxburn Posted - 06/04/2006 : 18:22:40
quote:
Originally posted by ZFarrar

I hope it works out as well, I'm more concerned about these rumors of Arthur's health.

I think many members of this forum 'jumped the shark'.IMHO.
ZFarrar Posted - 06/04/2006 : 17:42:46
I hope it works out as well, I'm more concerned about these rumors of Arthur's health.
astrolobe33 Posted - 06/04/2006 : 15:36:49
p.s. For those who are curious about the pithy expression "jumping the shark,"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_the_shark

astrolobe33 Posted - 06/04/2006 : 15:31:07
ZFarrar, with all respect to you and others who share the "post-shark" sentiments--because I see what you're saying and I understand why--it is without any naivete, or wishful thinking and such, I will admit that I get an intuitive sense that this go-round will be different in a lot of really good ways. I think we are going to be pleasantly surprised with something very fresh and very strong. I don't suggest anything impossible, I know "what is what," and I got sweet nothin' to base this on, but I just have a feeling this is gonna be hot.
Maybe I'll be proven wrong, I haven't even read the Mojo article yet, we shall see.
Thru a crack of light,
Jon
The sweet disorder Posted - 06/04/2006 : 01:54:31
Thomas

I'm at sweetdisorder2003@yahoo.com

Cheers

Ian
ZFarrar Posted - 06/04/2006 : 01:41:31
The reference to "Jump The Shark", is simply a premise that at some point all TV shows or bands for that matter "jump the shark". They add a wrinkle, a new character, or storyline that simply doesn't ring true. In Love's case, with all respect intended to the later players, Love after 1968 wasn't really Love. They jumped the shark. It was simply another band, as Snoopy would say. Some absolute great players, but the sum total wasn't the same. Arthur was not longer a prolific songwriter. He could still write good songs, just not as many. More importantly Arthur as a solo act or in Love post 1968 didn't really blaze any new stylistic trails. Besides a few cuts and Vindicator, AL never really was a hard rock act, long guitar solos didn't make for great Love albums. Lemonade was a return to the basics, a band that knew and loved the 1965-1968 band, and could really deliver the goods. It wasn't up to BL to write the songs, that's what Arthur does.
However since Brian left the band, Arthur has never had another equal or better collaborator.
Jac Holzman credits AL as one of the best minds and musicans in rock, but it cost him a career by isolating himself and not having the ability to collaborate. I won't be that harsh, he's had an up and down career, and is loved and admired by fans. But I think he's jumped the shark,again.
ThomasGalasso Posted - 06/04/2006 : 01:28:15
I would appreciate that Sweetdisorder.

I will email you, and we can work out the details.

-Thomas
Merlyn Merlot Posted - 06/04/2006 : 01:17:30
The Laural stop finelyfree mentions is one of the few W, Coast locations that get the issue early
Now early and on time being relative
being that it came out in Uk Days if not weeks ago

Thomas
I would think that by this weekend all your fave Mojo carriers will have The Love/Elvis Issue

"Thank u very much
The sweet disorder Posted - 06/04/2006 : 00:39:11
Thomas

If your struggling for a copy of MOJO, I can pick one up for you easy here in the UK and send it over. Let me know

Cheers

Ian
ladylove Posted - 05/04/2006 : 23:58:52
I'm in southern CA, Thomas. They just came in yesterday, and I got it at Laurel Park News in Studio City.

LOVE and peace
ThomasGalasso Posted - 05/04/2006 : 23:52:38

Sounds great !

Where did you get that Mojo man ? I tried to get it yesterday at Borders and to no avail. Are you in the States or abroad ? That may make a difference.

They should try and arrange for a tour with Apollo Heights and TV On the Radio. That would be great for them.

-Thomas Galasso
ladylove Posted - 05/04/2006 : 23:46:43
I've just picked up the issue of Mojo, the article entitled "Endless Love" is on page 20...and it's absolutely terrific It also contains a spectacular pic of Johnny with the caption "Johnny Echols is definitely part of the group too. I wouldn't do Love without him." In the article, it is explained that "Lee plans to whip his new band into shape, then fly Echols in from the West Coast for rehearsals before embarking on a European and US tour slated for late summer. He promises plenty of new material - he and Roberson are shopping for a record label before recording this spring." There are also some wonderful props given to Greg and the band, which is nice to know.

Looks like 2006 just might be the year for LOVE

LOVE and peace
ThomasGalasso Posted - 05/04/2006 : 20:45:14

Well everyone knows the first five albums kick ass. Even Vindicator and Reel to Real are pretty cool. False Start isn't really bad at all either. Those songs are great.

Greg is the man. He just wants to illustrate that they are artists and they are creating new material. I personally felt Baby Lemonade was awesome as well. I loved their contributions, but I do recall being somewhat frustrated they didn't have any new material at some of those gigs.

I am very sure, that we will all get our fix of the Elektra/Blue Thumb material, but I look forward to seeing these guys kick ass, and keep Sir Arthur on his toes. I have nothing but positive energy from myself to this project.

-Thomas Galasso

Long Live the idea that Arthur and Co. will make new material that kicks ass !
astrolobe33 Posted - 05/04/2006 : 15:37:43
I'm very glad to see things moving forward, sounds to be right on track.
All best wishes and steady power vibes to General Lee and the new group.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page