Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bruno Ceriotti
First Love

Italy
21 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  23:04:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"My Little Red Book" by Bruno Ceriotti and with the forewords by Johnny Echols and Michael Stuart-Ware, is the most comprehensive, compelling, complete, immensely detailed, impeccably researched, and meticulously compiled account ever published about LOVE, one of the most influental bands in the history of rock. The ebook collates eye-witness accounts, tour dates and gig locations, record releases and reviews, recording studio data and contemporary interviews, and is illustrated with a rare collection of period photographs and print memorabilia. All this is woven into an absorbing day-by-day narrative format that tells the story of LOVE in a way that will surprise and delight even their most dedicated fans!!!.

This book tells the band’s story, but also describes the life story of each of the members of LOVE: where they came from, what their roots where, how they see their time with the band, and what they experienced afterwards. It has been written with the close participation of LOVE's former members: Johnny Echols, Michael Stuart-Ware, Alban 'Snoopy' Pfisterer and Craig Tarwater.

This is a truly TERRIFIC book to treasure. This book will stay by your side like an encyclopedia which you will study and refer to for years to come. The author traces LOVE's story in a maniacally detailed chronology and leaves no stone unturned!!!.

"My Little Red Book" is available only in digital editions (ebook, 133 pgs, 91 photos) only through the official website: http://mylittleredbook.weebly.com/

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  15:07:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

This really is great news. I shall order it as soon as I return home.....just at present, I'm with my family down in Somerset and Devon.......and celebrating my 60th! And so I shall allow myself this purchase. Cheers everyone!
Go to Top of Page

Bruno Ceriotti
First Love

Italy
21 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  15:14:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John9

This really is great news. I shall order it as soon as I return home.....just at present, I'm with my family down in Somerset and Devon.......and celebrating my 60th! And so I shall allow myself this purchase. Cheers everyone!

Happy Birthday to you John!!! Thanks to buy my book and also help me to promote it through your Love's fans friends!!

cheers,
Bruno
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3485 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  20:57:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
too bad you can't buy it as a regular book on Lulu or somewhere

one will have to be content with old issues of the Castle!

btw whats an ebook? is that legal in this state?
Go to Top of Page

Bruno Ceriotti
First Love

Italy
21 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  20:59:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

too bad you can't buy it as a regular book on Lulu or somewhere

one will have to be content with old issues of the Castle!

btw whats an ebook? is that legal in this state?

ebook, digital book, PDF file. You buy it through my website and then I send you the ebook at your e-mail address.

cheers,
Bruno
Go to Top of Page

ruxprncd
Fifth Love

305 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  01:54:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bruno - How much content does your book have that isn't covered in Pegasus Carousel or John Einerson's book?
Go to Top of Page

Bruno Ceriotti
First Love

Italy
21 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  09:48:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ruxprncd

Hi Bruno - How much content does your book have that isn't covered in Pegasus Carousel or John Einerson's book?

Hi ruxprncd!

First of all my book is a day-by-day type book, not a novel-type book like the others two, so the format is different. I write the story of the band in chronological order, day-by-day exactly.

"Pegasus" is a terrific book write by my good friend Michael Stuart-Ware about his life, that book was an autobiography of him, not only about Love, but also about his life pre and post-Love. And John Einarson book, also a terrific work, is a biography, or more likely an autobiography, about the great late Arthur Lee and his life pre and post-Love. My book is the first book written about only LOVE as band, not Arthur Lee & Love (and actually my day-by-day story stopped in 1971 because this is the last year of the "original" LOVE, later was only Arthur Lee + various musicians under the name "Love").

In my book, for the first time ever, you could find the exact family tree of the band, with all the line-ups from 1965 to 1971, and also all the shows the band played and/or cancelled at last minute for whatever reasons, with exact dates, venues, address, city, other band on the bill, etc. etc. You could find all the recording sessions of the band with exact dates, songs recorded, venues address, city, producer, engineer, songs author, etc. etc. Also, I write my book with the close participation of seven musicians that played with Grass Roots/Love: Johnny Echols, Michael Stuart-Ware, Snoopy, Bobby Beausoleil, Vince Flaherty, Craig Tarwater and Don Poncher, so you could find their story pre and post-Love and their memories about their time with Love. And, also, for the first time, the pre-Love story about Arthur Lee and Johnny Echols' early bands is covered in his totally, with exact dates, exact bands name, exact line-ups, etc. etc. And you do not find this info from nobody because Johnny Echols himself told me all this stuff about the early years.

So, yes, obviously you could find some info that you already have from "Pegasus" and "Einarson" but not in day-by-day format with exact dates, etc. etc., and also you could find totally new info like family tree, shows list, biography of all the musicians that played in the band, also pre and post-Love. I think my book is likely an official autobiography of Johnny Echols, Michael Stuart-Ware, Snoopy, Craig Tarwater and company. You know, I write the book with their help, they told me their memories and I put them in my book. Yeah, the book is "write by Bruno Ceriotti" but actually all the former members of the band write that book with me, what a geat honor!!.

And, don't forget, Johnny Echols and Michael Stuart-Ware write the forewords for my book! wow!!

cheers,
Bruno
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  18:30:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

To rux, Bruno and all....

This is from Michael (Stuart-Ware), unsolicited--
"Bruno has written a book that Love fans everywhere will enjoy reading.
It's all in there."

-Tom Waits
Go to Top of Page

Bruno Ceriotti
First Love

Italy
21 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  18:36:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

quote:

To rux, Bruno and all....

This is from Michael (Stuart-Ware), unsolicited--
"Bruno has written a book that Love fans everywhere will enjoy reading.
It's all in there."

-Tom Waits

wow! Michael is too kind with me!! Thanks Lemonade Kid for this quote!!

cheers,
Bruno
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  22:23:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have, true to my word, purchased a copy - and I can warmly recommend it. As Bruno says, it is a very detailed chronology that provides a wealth of information about what happened and when. There are some great pictures as well as album sleeves and illustrations of singles. One of my favourite features is the back stories and subsequent careers of just about everyone who was in the band down to 1971. And so long serving and faithful band members like Frank Fayad are deservedly rescued from obscurity.

Bruno's work does not seek to supercede John Einarson's book from last year.....it complements it. Just as Mark Lewisohn's Complete Beatles Chronicle added to the definitive (and authorised) Beatles biography by Hunter Davies. And of course, with Johnny Rogan's Timeless Flight , everybody thought that they had everything they could ever need on The Byrds....that is until the 2008 appearance of the majestic So You Want To Be A Rock 'N' Roll Star: The Byrds Day By Day 1965-73 by Christopher Hjort.

I've often posted about how well we Love fans have been served by what has appeared since the year 2000....remastered/expanded editions of all the key albums, various live sets, excellent and highly informative essays from Andrew Sandoval, the Einarson biography, the film Love Story....and now this treasure house from Bruno Ceriotti. I do urge everone to make the purchase...you really won't regret it.

Edited by - John9 on 11/10/2011 22:51:31
Go to Top of Page

Bruno Ceriotti
First Love

Italy
21 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  23:25:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John9

I have, true to my word, purchased a copy - and I can warmly recommend it. As Bruno says, it is a very detailed chronology that provides a wealth of information about what happened and when. There are some great pictures as well as album sleeves and illustrations of singles. One of my favourite features is the back stories and subsequent careers of just about everyone who was in the band down to 1971. And so long serving and faithful band members like Frank Fayad are deservedly rescued from obscurity.

Bruno's work does not seek to supercede John Einarson's book from last year.....it complements it. Just as Mark Lewisohn's Complete Beatles Chronicle added to the definitive (and authorised) Beatles biography by Hunter Davies. And of course, with Johnny Rogan's Timeless Flight , everybody thought that they had everything they could ever need on The Byrds....that is until the 2008 appearance of the majestic So You Want To Be A Rock 'N' Roll Star: The Byrds Day By Day 1965-73 by Christopher Hjort.

I've often posted about how well we Love fans have been served by what has appeared since the year 2000....remastered/expanded editions of all the key albums, various live sets, excellent and highly informative essays from Andrew Sandoval, the Einarson biography, the film Love Story....and now this treasure house from Bruno Ceriotti. I do urge everone to make the purchase...you really won't regret it.

John, thanks for your nice words, you are too kind with me! I think you're right about my book is a good complements to the terrific John Einarson's book and also to the terrific Michael Stuart-Ware's autobiography. Also, but obviously you do not know that, Christopher Hjort is my mentor and like a father for me, he teaching me all I know about rock history, he teaching me the work of rock historian, so for me it's a great compliment if you think that my book is like Chris Hort's masteriece book about The Byrds (or his other books about Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck). Thanks again and LOVE FOREVER!!

cheers,
Bruno
Go to Top of Page

david p housden
First Love

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  12:59:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As the editor of 'The Castle' I cannot recommend this book highly enough! Bruno sent it to me yesterday & I've printed it out. My first reaction was that there are a number of photographs which I haven't seen before.

There is also an extensive amount of original research, including comments from both Johnny Echols & Michael Stuart.

I also like the day by day format. I'm going to get my copy bound & it will be a fine edition to the Love book collection.

With Love,
David Peter Housden

Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3485 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  14:15:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anyone word of Jeffie Eisen
recording Love gigs at Bido Litos?
Go to Top of Page

Bruno Ceriotti
First Love

Italy
21 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  14:42:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

anyone word of Jeffie Eisen
recording Love gigs at Bido Litos?

Hi Joe!

Good to hear from you! I know Jeff Eisen as photographer but I do not know that he recorded the band at the Bido Lito's! good news, you have other details about that? let me know, thanks!!

cheers,
Bruno
Go to Top of Page

scully
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
217 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  17:26:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just downloaded my copy of Bruno's book -- have to say it's just great....
Go to Top of Page

Bruno Ceriotti
First Love

Italy
21 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  17:29:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scully

Just downloaded my copy of Bruno's book -- have to say it's just great....

Thanks Tony!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page