Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

dyecraig
Fourth Love

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  19:04:47  Show Profile  Visit dyecraig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Saw an ad for this show coming to the Birchmere in Alexandria VA August 18. It's called the "California '66 Tour". Anyone?

dyecraig
Fourth Love

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  21:54:27  Show Profile  Visit dyecraig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Checked Sky's website and a flyer for the show mentions Johnny Echols, Michael Stuart Ware and Baby Lemonade!
Go to Top of Page

TJSAbass
Fourth Love

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2009 :  04:18:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just saw a listing for a Cleveland show also. Don't know about you, but I'm excited!
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
547 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  14:55:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You lucky, lucky b******s!! Hope the tour comes over to the UK.
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  23:13:51  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
you lucky bass turds , i hope the tour comes to Los Angeles, (HOME to The Seeds and LOVE!)

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

tobilynne
First Love

3 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  21:06:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's true ... got my tix for the Cleveland show this week. $28 -- not to bad.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3485 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  08:41:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't afford to see shows these days, so I'm giving it a pass

I've already seen Love a dozen times anyway!
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2009 :  21:05:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got my tickets for BB Kings in NYC, and I can't wait!!!
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2009 :  21:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dyecraig

Saw an ad for this show coming to the Birchmere in Alexandria VA August 18. It's called the "California '66 Tour". Anyone?

Pretty exciting. Unfortunately Michael just told me he has opted out of the tour....didn't feel he could take the rigors of a 15 day bus tour. Sad news for me.....Michael is one of my all time favorite drummers. I hope the tour comes off...without any more bad news.
Michael had said Johnny & Lems play list will be strictly 60's Love material...no post FC. That would be something!!!! My best to Michael and all respect to his decision...his health is the only real priority.

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  03:00:56  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
i understand Michael's decision. age does it to us old guys!
it's amazing that Arthur endured what he did all in all.
maybe Michael can special guest it once or twice.
so, will it be called "The LOVE BAND?"(again) or "Love with Johnny Echols?"

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3485 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2009 :  06:55:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is it Love without Arthur Lee though?

has anyone seen the Love Band live in Europe? and would they recommend them without Arthurly?
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2009 :  08:44:33  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes I have and would definitely recommend them - they did a tour in the UK in 2005 when Arthur didn't come over. They've got Johnny playing with them and its a different perspective - much more a band of equals rather than a atar with his support band. These guys are hugely talented instrumentalists and Rusty does a great job on lead vocals. He's not Arthur but then nobody else is either, there's no point trying to imitate the unique qualities Arthur had.

Remember that Baby Lemonade were asked to do that Sgt Pepper concert in Milan with all those tremendnous vocalists like Marianne Faithful, Jarvis Cocker, Russell Mael, Robin Hitchcock and Badly Drawn Boy, and they did a brilliant job. They're well respected musicians who've served their time on the road. You ain't seen the last of these guys by a long chalk.
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
754 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2009 :  15:40:01  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Absolutely!! If you love the music of Love and Arthur Lee then make sure if you get the opportunity to see Baby Lemonade you do!! I can't stress that enough!!They are keeping the music of Love well and truly alive and let's hope they continue to do so long into the future.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2009 :  23:03:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

is it Love without Arthur Lee though?

has anyone seen the Love Band live in Europe? and would they recommend them without Arthurly?

You can see them on youtube if you type in Johnny Echols...there's footage from the Whisky benefit in 2006. They sounded great despite some technical difficulties with the amps. I think if you asked anyone who saw Arthur at the Coach House or the San Francisco gig (I think it was Cafe Nuord??)they would tell you what a horrible performance he gave...Johnny and Baby Lemonade saved the day. With all due respect, Arthur was a complicated, talented person; and you never knew what you were going to get from his performance. On the other hand, JE and BL are consistently professional, excellent performers. Let's get all the fans to come out in full force so that this is only the beginning of a new era for LOVE. Good attendance is imperative for determining any future gigs.

LOVE and peace to all...and Happy Earth Day
JJ
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3485 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2009 :  02:45:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sure hope they do "Revelation"!
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2009 :  07:01:58  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Joe, they did Revelation on that last tour in the UK, very different from the Da Capo version, it's very much Johnny's baby.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page