Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

delmore
First Love

5 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  02:11:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am very sad to report that Arthur Lee died this afternoon (around 4p.m.) in the hospital with his wife, Diane, by his side. This is still very much a shock for me as I had hoped Arthur would recover. I know that many of you will be devestated by this news. I will do my best to let you know more details as soon as possible.

mark linn

bigrubberglove
Fourth Love

188 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  02:51:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This pains me beyond words.
Go to Top of Page

Merlyn Merlot
Fourth Love

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  03:04:14  Show Profile  Visit Merlyn Merlot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
God Speed Arthur Lee

I will always honor your music and memory
Keep on Shining On
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  03:07:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RIP Arthur Lee. The GREAT ARTHUR LEE.
Go to Top of Page

poetry
Second Love

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  03:13:34  Show Profile  Visit poetry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
God embrace and keep you in his grace for eternal life my beloved.godspeed.
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  03:25:24  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
i am unable to focus now as i post. i just yesterday postedto pray for him, and i think i'm not good now. i pray for Arthur's journey. GOD, THIS IS SO HARD FOR ME , and only am in shock and cahn't continue this post.
Go to Top of Page

poetry
Second Love

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  04:00:24  Show Profile  Visit poetry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
don't feel bad bob. arthur has always known that this life is temporal, and has spoken so often of it. i have the consolation of having been freed from the fear of the death of loved ones because of Arthur. the wisdom he imparted to me in March of 89 , he shared with all later that day when he did an interview with Rodney Bingenheimer on KROQ from my home. I had always given death little more than tenuous contemplation up to this point because i was so terrified of entertaining the thought of an existence wherein my father wouldn't be present. i think it was march 12, and on this day Arthur told me, "no one has been late for death, everyone's died on time".this was a life defining moment indeed, because once the words were spoken my heart and soul were free, it eliminated all trepidation with which i approached life's certain end. arthur's transition was peaceful. he suffered alot since February's diagnosis, he's spent close to 6 months in hospital, and all who have been hurt by him in the past i hope will accept this suffering as penance for any wrong doing he may have done them in life. because to know arthur was to love him, when he was impossibly hurtful it was time to retreat...for a bit, but never did we cease loving and desiring that he fulfill his destiny and that destiny would find his name written in The Book Of Life the book of eternal life. it's all about forgiveness it's all about love. diane is strong she's doing well,told me they made him very comfortable the last several days when he took a turn for the worst. he was blessed to have such a stellar mate , she's a saint, i have deep love for her.
Go to Top of Page

Ruckus
Second Love

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  04:17:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good nite Arthur. And Thank you for everything.
Rest in peace.
My condolences to everyone whos lives he touched.
-R
Go to Top of Page

Bazza
First Love

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  04:19:48  Show Profile  Visit Bazza's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Love is dead

RIP Arthur Lee.

Go to Top of Page

Surfwriter
First Love

New Zealand
1 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  05:53:58  Show Profile  Visit Surfwriter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sad, sad news indeed. I spent some great times with Arthur and the boys back in the mid-sixties when I was writing magazine articles and doing interviews for various publications. Somehow I ended up spending a few daze, driving around Hollywood and environs with da boyz in a smoke filled limo with tinted windows, dropping in on Arthur's friends, going to parties and generally hooning about. When the limo finally landed my ribs were sore from laughing and I slept for two days.

My short, but intense encounters with Arthur were unforgettable and I will always remember him as Love and with love.

My sympathy and heartfelt condolences to his wife, family and friends. Requiescat in pace ...

"When weaving nets all threads count." - Charlie Chan
Go to Top of Page

Lina
First Love

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  07:01:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RIP, dear Arthur Lee.

I was most priveledged to have seen Arthur perform in recent years and will never forget that incredible night at the HOB in Hollywood as long as I live. It will live on, as does the music, in my heart and soul.

Peace to you, Arthur. LOVE.
Go to Top of Page

Sippy Mark
First Love

1 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  07:02:45  Show Profile  Visit Sippy Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I enjoyed every time I saw Arthur perform in SF these past few years, the brief moments I met him were an honor, and his music moves me deeply. Dave, Rusty, Mike & Daddyo made powerful energy and magic with Arthur around the world, and it will stick with me and many many priveleged souls for the rest of our lives.

I'm listening to these and crying, and laughing, and smiling:

Your Mind And We Belong Together (Tracking Session Highlights) (Bonus Track)
Laughing Stock (Single B-Side) (Bonus Track)

My love and thoughts to his family and friends.

Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  08:29:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RIP Arthur
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  08:44:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is such sad news. He's been such a large part of my life since I was 13 years old - his music as always been there - sometimes making me laugh, sometimes making me cry. And the wonderful performances he gave over the past few years will stay in my memory forever.

RIP Arthur.

Love
Gill
Go to Top of Page

astrolobe33
Fifth Love

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  08:57:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"..I told you man was here to love
but he has to go--------

Rest in Peace Arthur Lee

once i had a shaggy dog
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Blues Singer
Second Love

Denmark
39 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  09:02:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Arthur for the music you gave to the world. You did forever change me and my life many years ago and will continue doing so.
To everything there is a season.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page